JS error - MarketPress checkout not processing to payment with 'Only Contact Details' sele

When using 'Only Contact Details' option in Download Settings. The MarketPress checkout is not proceeding to 'Review Order/Payment' (just spinning). Error logged in the console. I am having the problem with the latest version, not with the previous one. Plugin/Theme conflict test done.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello jcnjr,

I hope you are well today.

I've tested this on a fresh install of WP and MarketPress and have confirmed this to be a bug. I'm flagging this for our Dev Team so they can get this resolved as soon as technically possible.

Thank you for your patience while we sort through this issue. An update will be posted as soon as possible.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey jcnjr ,

I couldn't replicate this issue in my sites and after testing in Jame's test site it was as simple as setting to Full billing info and then back to Only contact details

As this doesn't make much sense to me and since I can't replicate on Jame's site either, would you mind sharing admin and ftp info for the site that has this issue? You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Thanks!

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Panos said:

it was as simple as setting to Full billing info and then back to Only contact details

I tested this procedure on two different sites running Marketpress, with different results:

SITE 1: (agreda.com) same behavior confirmed.
    1. Checkout working with v.323
    2. Upgrade to v.324, checkout stalls when entering contact details only.
    3. Change setting to Full Details, save and change back to Contact Only, and save.
    4. "Next Step" redirects to confirm page then to Paypal as expected, with name and email only.

SITE 2: (downloads.tripawds.com) error persists.
    1. Checkout working with v.323
    2. Upgrade to v.324, checkout stalls when entering contact details only.
    3. Change setting to Full Details, save and change back to Contact Only, and save.
    4. Checkout stalls when clicking "Next Step" with jquery error in screenshot below.
    3. Reverted to v323 to maintain working shopping cart.

"this doesn't make much sense to me"

Me neither. :-\

FYI: Note how the site with the functional workaround has a store at the root domain, and the one that continues to fail is on a subsite of the (different) network. Have you tried replicating this issue on a subsite?

...would you mind sharing admin and ftp info for the site...

I now have v.324 working as expected at Agreda, and v323 working for Tripawds. I would rather not have my live sites (or my client's sites) be used by others for testing purposes. If you have further troubleshooting steps you would like me to take, please advise. I hope you understand.

If access to our server is the only way to proceed with correcting this issue, please advise which site you would like credentials for and let me know when any work might be done so I can monitor activity.

Thank you very much for your help!

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Sigh...
    UPDATE: I just discovered on our Agreda site (w/ MP v.324) that the error persists when attempting to checkout with a free order. Different error (see screenshot) but same behavior.

I tried resetting the options again but that does not help with this one. FYI: Issue occurs whether selecting a Free Product, or using a coupon code resulting in free order.

I have now reverted to version 3.23 on both sites to keep our stores functioning.

Panos
    James Morris

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Any further progress on this?
    If access to our site(s) is still necessary for further troubleshooting, please advise which one.

I have always encountered trouble when skipping versions so I'm hoping to get this resolved so I can update a few stores...thanks!

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Hello? Panos James Morris

I noticed MarketPress 3.2.5 was released. So, I updated our store at agreda.com and issue persisted. Checkout page would stall with same jquery error and spinning icon.

I deactivated Jetpack plugin, and was able to successfully complete checkout, but only after re-saving address settings as originally suggested above. (NOTE: v3.2.3 was working fine with Jetpack activated.)

While checkout works in Chrome with current version (and no Jetpack active), the issue does still persist using Safari browser. I have not tested Firefox, since that has never given me problems. All testing has also been done in Mac OS X.

So, in summary, Marketpress 3.25 is now working at agreda.com, but not in Safari, and only with Jetpack deactivated. I have still not updated our downloads.tripawds.com store. I also have client stores still running v.3.23.

Screenshot of error in Safari attached. As always, thank you for the hard work and great support!

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

For anyone still following along here...

I noticed this topic discussing a similar error/issue upon checkout:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/next-button-hangs-on-checkout-and-when-clicked-throw-an-error

So, I installed the patched helpers.php file Predrag Dubajic posted here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/next-button-hangs-on-checkout-and-when-clicked-throw-an-error#post-1270956

And, wait for it... I was just able to successfully checkout using Safari.

Then, feeling adventurous, I activated Jetpack. And... checkout works as expected (all the way to Paypal redirect) in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, with no validation errors. Good work...

Before I patch various sites and client stores, any ETA on an update including this apparent fix?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi jcnjr ,

Glad that patch works for you :smiley:

Fix has already been committed and will be included in next release. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on the next release date. I have asked dev but there is no official date yet. We'll keep you posted, but just in case, on next release you can check the changelog if this fix is included or you can ask us before you update :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience and cooperation on this!

Cheers!

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Panos said:

on next release you can check the changelog if this fix is included or you can ask us before you update

I cannot tell from the v.3.2.6 changelog if this issue has been addressed.
    Has helpers.php been updated in this version, or modified in any other way?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.