Just a few quick questions about the "Contact Widget"

Hi,

Just a few quick questions about the "Contact Widget" plugin...

1. This plugin goes into a widgetted area but can it also be embedded into the content of a page or post?

2. If it can only be embedded in a widget, can we set our theme to only display the contact form when the "Contact Us" page is loaded for example? - ie. if we only want the Contact Form to appear one specific page and not on every page of a site?

3. Looking for a tip or some advice on what contact form to use for a "Contact Us" page. I have been looking at "Gravity Forms" and not clear if the Contact Widget does the same thing?

Thank you :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @LocalHood

I hope you are well today.

1: I'm afraid currently the contact form can't be embedded into a post/page.

2: This would be possible, it would be called a "dynamic sidebar" whereas depending on the page, certain widgets show and some don't. This could be achieved with custom coding, or with using a plugin such as this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamics-sidebars/ for example.

3: Gravity Forms is very different to the contact widget, the contact widget is designed as a simple, easy to use light weight form, whereas Gravity Forms, is a featured packed contact/forum builder plugin, with an array of plugins, taking payments, customizing fields, place them in the sidebar, a page/post. They really are two quite different plugins. It all depends on your specific use case.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV members!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• LocalHood

Thank you Jack,

You've cleared up some confusion for me. Regarding...

2: This would be possible, it would be called a "dynamic sidebar" whereas depending on the page, certain widgets show and some don't. This could be achieved with custom coding, or with using a plugin such as this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamics-sidebars/ for example.

Do you recommend one approach over the other? For example, using the "dynamic sidebar" plugin, is the plugin stable and does it reliably play nice with other plugins loaded onto a site - or can it become problematic. I am not a coder so I cannot do my own custom coding.

3: Gravity Forms is very different to the contact widget, the contact widget is designed as a simple, easy to use light weight form, whereas Gravity Forms, is a featured packed contact/forum builder plugin, with an array of plugins, taking payments, customizing fields, place them in the sidebar, a page/post. They really are two quite different plugins. It all depends on your specific use case.

I would like to use a contact form to test for lead generation. I would be asking for contact information from a prospect beyond just name and email. Would you say that Gravity Forms is the way to go in your experience?

Thanks again for your response Jack :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @LocalHood

I hope you are well today.

Do you recommend one approach over the other? For example, using the "dynamic sidebar" plugin, is the plugin stable and does it reliably play nice with other plugins loaded onto a site - or can it become problematic. I am not a coder so I cannot do my own custom coding.

If you can't custom code it yourself, you could get someone to code it for you, but a plugin will work just as well :slight_smile: It's difficult to say 100% either way, if it will conflict with existing plugins you have, as I don't know your exact setup of course, you may also want to take a look at http://www.woothemes.com/woosidebars/ as well, before you try any new plugin, I would recommend creating a backup.

I would like to use a contact form to test for lead generation. I would be asking for contact information from a prospect beyond just name and email. Would you say that Gravity Forms is the way to go in your experience?

In that use case, I would personally Gravity Forms would be the better choice for you, as you can then customize the form to your needs :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.