just bought WPMU dev, how do i start

getting started

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Mel. A good first step is downloading and installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. It makes getting themes, plugins, support and updates a whole lot easier.

After that, I recommend browsing the dashboard plugin you just installed to see all of the great features. Now you have everything you need at your fingertips, so it all depends on what you want to do. Hope this helps.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey meltaylor

Start where you need, so if you want to commerce then MarketPress would be a good one, if you want Membership then our Membership would be.

As Gabe Mentioned, the Dashboard will let you install our plugins and themes with the exception of a few like Multi DB for example which require a manual setup due to their purpose.

Hey chimpsy

Always best you start your own thread, jumping on others can lead to confusion or your post possibly being missed by our staff.

The WPMU DEV Dashboard will log you in with your username and password. If it's showing you as a free member then that must be another account. Often when people sign up here they register and then later come back and use Facebook or Google and because it wasn't synced with your account it creates a new one for you not realising you're already a member.

Your user name is chimpsy, was that what you logged in on your site from the Dash area?

Take care.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.