Just checking....Is this still the case Paypal and Marketpress

Do I still have to disable all other shopping cart methods except for Chained Payments with Marketpress?

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Thanks Joe.
    I see with Stripe in the marketpress network setting it still says "To use this option you must create API credentials, and you should make all other gateways unavailable or limited above."

Question... if I use paypal chained payments for prosite level 1 and then pro site level 2 uses a different gateway, it will still work but the level too just won't have the chained fee withheld, right? Or will it mess up the entire checkout?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Chained payments is the only gateway that lets you collect a fee. You don't have to disable access to other gateways, but if you don't users can use them instead of chained and avoid paying you a fee.

Question... if I use paypal chained payments for prosite level 1 and then pro site level 2 uses a different gateway, it will still work but the level too just won't have the chained fee withheld, right? Or will it mess up the entire checkout?

Generally you would make chained for all sites, not a pro level, as you want to collect a fee from free sites. If you enable another gateway for a pro site level, then those users have the option to enable and setup another gateway, avoiding the fee. Chooseing and configuring gateways is not automatic for user stores.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.