Just got my blog back

Hello -

Is there a particular way to move from supporter of yore to the new Pro-sites.

When I tried to install prosites and activate it, I got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_supporter() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/oxenmine.com/httpdocs/poorgradpoorstudent.com/wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-framework.php:351) in /var/www/vhosts/oxenmine.com/httpdocs/poorgradpoorstudent.com/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php on line 3367

So I went and deleted all supporter files and ofcourse the folder.

Stupid thing died.

Had to back up with a year old backup.

HELP please - how can I get rid of supporter and get ProSites instead?

• graphitewpmud
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello David -

Tried it multiple times, but the quandary persists.

As soon as I try to remove the old supporter files and the folder supporter from mu-plugins - the blog dies - does not load.

That when pro-sites is already uploaded to plugins folder.

Now if I still try to activate pro-sites while supporter files are present, it just gives me duplicate function error messages. I can ofcourse go and comment them out but I dont believe that the result would be desirable. The supporter files would still remian very much in loop.

Please suggest how I can get rid of old supporter files, while somehow activating the pro-sites plugin without having to access the dashboard, only then will this hting probably resolve. Is there a way to activate a plugin without using the dashboard?

Thank you

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

As soon as I try to remove the old supporter files and the folder supporter from mu-plugins - the blog dies - does not load.
    That when pro-sites is already uploaded to plugins folder.

You must first delete the supporter files and then try anything with Pro Sites.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.