Just installed dashboard on a Wamp localhost site and tring to download plugins gives an SSL error

I have just installed the dashboard on a Wamp localhost site and after activating curl i can log in fine. but when I try to download a plugin i get an error "Download failed. SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate"
Is this a known problem?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Neil,

Hope you are doing well today and thanks for your question.

To be honest this is the first time I've seen this question on the forums, did a search back to see if any popped up and couldn't find any.

I'll admit I've never used WAMP as I always use XAMPP and haven't had any issues with it - have you tried this with XAMPP?

I also noticed the WP version you're using is 3.6 - is that correct? There has been a lot of security updates since then, perhaps that is causing the issue.

Let us know if updating resolves it - also, you can always manually download the plugins via the plugin page underneath the big "Install Plugin" button there will be a small link that says "No thanks, just download directly".

Look forward to your reply here Neil!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Neil,

I wanted a backup plugin to use before upgrading WP and settled on Snapshot and here we are and still not upgraded WP. Lol

Looks like you got upgraded now :slight_smile: hope you didn't run into any issues there!

I did download manually and after defeating a php max file size error I have just installed it.

Awesome, glad you got it installed.

Let us know if you still need any assistance here Neil.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.