Just installed mu sitemap

Not seeing the xml file?

I given you access to login

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey rmahon! Hope your weekend is going well and that you haven’t run into any further account issues so far.

As for the sitemap issue, have you done the other steps involved with setting up the plugin? You will find them on the usage guide here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/sitemaps-and-seo-wordpress-mu-style/#usage

Another option would be to instead use Infinite SEO. It has the sitemap feature among many others that should help with SEO. The sitemap feature in Infinite SEO shouldn’t require any further steps aside from just making sure it’s active.

Hope this helps and if you still have any further questions just let me know!

Cheers,

Tyler

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

/* Multisite */

define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true);

define(‘MULTISITE’, true);

define(‘SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL’, true);

define(‘DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE’, ‘writerpublish.com’:wink:;

define(‘PATH_CURRENT_SITE’, ‘/’:wink:;

define(‘SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE’, 1);

define(‘BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE’, 1);

define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, false);

define(‘SIMPLE_SITEMAPS_USE_CACHE’, false );

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’:wink:;

define (‘WP_POST_REVISIONS’, 2);

define(‘SUNRISE’, true);

define(‘RECENT_GLOBAL_POSTS_WIDGET_MAIN_BLOG_ONLY’, false);

define (‘WPLANG’, ”:wink:;

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

if (!defined(‘ABSPATH’:wink: );

define(‘ABSPATH’, dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/’:wink:;

require_once(ABSPATH . ‘wp-settings.php’:wink:;

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Unfortunately, this is a high-security site and that account is now locked. I need your IP address in order to unlock it. After his the possibility of more than one I need them both or all.

Please tell me how you know it’s working, and where you checking. I do not see the site-maps and FTP?

Thanks

Ron

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @rmahon

I hope you are well today.

Would you please try the following as your htaccess:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*/)?sitemap.xml wp-content/sitemap.php [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*.php)$ $1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey rmahon,

I’m not totally sure what is being blocked here? I’m still able to access your site. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding that part.

Please tell me how you know it’s working, and where you checking. I do not see the site-maps and FTP?

You won’t see the site maps in your directory because the site maps are virtual. You can see one for your authors subsite here: http://bit.ly/1CQ7tZj – I’ve cloaked the link just to ensure your domain name isn’t posted here as I’m not sure if you would of wanted that seen here or not.

Look forward to hearing back on this! If something is still blocked for you could you let us know what exactly? Then we can help further with that.

Cheers,

Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Ron,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

I never experienced this before. How did you view these sitemaps?

You can view them by adding /sitemap.xml on to the end of any of your subsite home urls.

all side maps for all subsites showed up in the writerpublish root

That is often how it works; however, it can also be a virtual page meaning the content is stored in the database and pulled onto the page when requested. This is good in this situation especially when you are using multisite and can have tons of different sitemaps.

I give up this is too much hassle, I deleted the app.

If you do ever decide to re-visit this then just let us know and we’ll be more than happy to help further if needed :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.