Just purchased the Membership plugin and it looks great.

Just purchased the Membership plugin and it looks great. Have quickly gone through the documentation and have a quick question. All of our members belong to various "committees". We would like members to be able to select which committees they belong to upon registering as well as display that information in the members directory (another WPMU plugin I acquired). How might I do this? Thanks very much in advance.

• wildmank

Thanks for your reply. We currently have a static website that functions with a very old membership program written in cgi (ugh). Anyway, we are now converting the website to WordPress and utilizing (we hope) WPMU's Membership and Directory plugins to produce a similar result.

On the static site, there is a members area. Each member who has paid is allowed access to special members only content. Additionally, each member upon signing up has an online profile that displays the following information:

Name
    Work Address (this would NOT necessarily be the same address as payment)
    Phone Number
    Fax Number
    Email Address
    Picture
    Committee Affiliations (There are approximately eight of these that can be selected)

For the most part, the profile is the only place these elements are displayed. The only difference is that in my current membership scenario, I'm also able to produce a list of members on each committee.

Does this help? Let me know if you need additional information.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @wildmank

I hope you are well today, sorry about the extreme delay on this.

Thank you for the additional information it is most appreciated. Out of the box membership does not currently support custom profile fields, though it will hopefully be included in a future development.

Currently to use custom profile fields, you will need to use BuddyPress along with Xprofile fields. http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-xprofile-custom-fields-type/

This will then allow you display custom profile fields for your members :slight_smile:

You can restrict the content with the access levels in membership > access levels, once you have your access levels set up, you then assign them to a subscription, membership > subscriptions > add new. Members can have more than 1 subscription if required :slight_smile:

With the members directory was you looking for this content to be automatically sent to that or would you manually add it?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.