Just reporting the false positives in Defender scan.

Just reporting the false positives in Defender scan.

I overwrote with fresh copy of wp 4.4.2 and the following are still reporting modified

"WORDPRESS CORE This WordPress core file appears modified"

jquery-migrate.min.js
/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js

jquery-migrate.js
/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.js

controls.svg
/wp-includes/js/mediaelement/controls.svg

license.txt
/wp-includes/images/crystal/license.txt

wp-config-sample.php
/wp-config-sample.php

Also Gravity Forms - this one isn't Defender's fault, but it could confuse people because they have to manually install, as the GF update isn't available in the updates dashboard (perhaps an explanation why you are sending them to GF?).

Access granted in case you need it

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jack,

I can see that on your site - I've send question to developers what could case that issue.

Also Gravity Forms - this one isn't Defender's fault, but it could confuse people because they have to manually install, as the GF update isn't available in the updates dashboard (perhaps an explanation why you are sending them to GF?).

Do you mean when Defender shows that you have old version of the plugins and advise to update? I'm asking because you already updated all plugins, so I want to be sure we are on the same page. I have updated version of the Gravity, so Defender doesn't shows me any updates :slight_frown:

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jack Alltrade
    • Just A Community Member

I reverted GF so you can see, but now it updates in the Dashboard.

Here's what happened yesterday: Defender tells me Gravity Forms is out of date, it provides both the current version and a description that there is a newer version.

When I click the button to correct the issue, Defender opens a popup that frames Gravity Forms Website.

I thought that was weird, so I went to Network Admin --> Plugins and there was no update available for Gravity. I had to go to their site, download the current version then FTP up.

Not a big deal, but I thought it might confuse some peole.

• Braydan Willrath
    • Flash Drive

Did we have any luck with this one guys, as I too am having a very similar issue, all false posatives on these files:

jquery-migrate.min.js
    /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js

jquery-migrate.js
    /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.js

license.txt
    /wp-includes/images/crystal/license.txt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.