Just started working on my site, I noticed that my site

Just started working on my site, I noticed that my site breaks in Safari when Hummingbird is activated. It's fine on chrome, have not checked on firefox. Any idea what's causing the problem?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Matthew,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think you've got a minification feature turned on, is that right?

The minification is a process of combining, compressing and moving CSS/JS files' contents and it may affect site's performance. The default configuration (proposed by the plugin automatically) should work fine in most cases but there's a chance that it will require some tweaking. This is because minified CSS/JS content comes from WordPress core, your current theme and various plugins and there's no good way to predict its behavior.

Please go to your dashboard's "Hummingbird -> Minification" page and take a look at the list there. You'll find out that for each file there are following options (green if enabled, gray if disabled):

- include
    - minify
    - combine
    - position (footer, header, no change)

You will want to experiment with all this settings to make it work well on all browsers. I realize it may be a daunting task but that's unfortunately the nature of the minificatiion process itself.

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.