Just started working on my site, I noticed that my site

Just started working on my site, I noticed that my site breaks in Safari when Hummingbird is activated. It's fine on chrome, have not checked on firefox. Any idea what's causing the problem?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Matthew,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think you've got a minification feature turned on, is that right?

The minification is a process of combining, compressing and moving CSS/JS files' contents and it may affect site's performance. The default configuration (proposed by the plugin automatically) should work fine in most cases but there's a chance that it will require some tweaking. This is because minified CSS/JS content comes from WordPress core, your current theme and various plugins and there's no good way to predict its behavior.

Please go to your dashboard's "Hummingbird -> Minification" page and take a look at the list there. You'll find out that for each file there are following options (green if enabled, gray if disabled):

- include
    - minify
    - combine
    - position (footer, header, no change)

You will want to experiment with all this settings to make it work well on all browsers. I realize it may be a daunting task but that's unfortunately the nature of the minificatiion process itself.

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam