Just upgraded and became a wpmudev member. I want to use

Just upgraded and became a wpmudev member. I want to use the Multi-Domains plugin instead of the free domain mapping plugin, WordPress MU Domain Mapping, I had been using. Do you have a process or documentation for the best way to setup this plugin and disable the plugin currently in use? I feel that it is more complicated than just enabling and disabling. Thanks!

Pete Lower

Patrick

Hi @Pete

Welcome to the forums!

It's important to first understand that Domain Mapping and Multi-Domains are 2 different concepts.

Domain Mapping enables you or your sub-site admins to use any other domain name you/they own to map a sub-site to a different domain name. So, for example, userblog.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/userblog can become userdomain.com

Multi-Domains enables you or your sub-site admins to create sub-sites under additional domains that only you make available. So, for example, sub-sites could be created at userblog.yourdomain-1.com or userblog.yourdomain-2.com

Did you mean to say you want to use our Domain Mapping plugin instead of the one from wordpress.org?

If so, then all you really need to do is upload the sunrise.php file from our Domain Mapping plugin to overwrite the one that is currently there from the other plugin.

Now deactivate and delete the other plugin from your site. Then upload our Domain Mapping plugin to your site and network-activate it.