Just upgraded to membership pro 2 from protected content,

Just upgraded to membership pro 2 from protected content, and it disabled all plugins (after install and upgrade both times) It also wiped out any protection of pages/forums that were already protected and they had to be re-protected. When the upgrade came, had to re-protect them all again.

Been trying to protect pages again and my list says there is 582 pages to go through, which is right, but when i try to access them I cannot proceed beyond the first page. It comes up with 'no items available' which means since it has wiped out all existing protection, i have to manually go through each page and reapply it via the front end since i cannot access it in the back end. For 10 pages this is a minor inconvenience for nearly 600 that were already protected and no longer are, it is a damn disaster. There has to be a way to access these pages and bulk add? out of the 582 pages, about 570 of them need protection added.

The most frustrating part was the protection was already there and for it to be wiped out after both install and then upgrade... makes me very anxious about repeating the process in the next upgrade.

The thirty or so forums that needed re-protecting twice, their listings come up and you can scroll through the pages, although the bulk add function failed to work and they had to be done individually, which wasn't that bad, since the listings actually showed so you could access them.

• jacci

Sorry to be spamming, just wanted to add some more information to help. Just tried a work around using url protection... which will do for now as a quick dirty fix, until each page that i do want protected is protected once again and when i was in simulation membership mode this error came

Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/rule/url/class-ms-rule-url-model.php on line 190

and i couldn't exit the test mode, although after another test of this, the error was still there, but the exit worked fine.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @jacci,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Just upgraded to membership pro 2 from protected content, and it disabled all plugins (after install and upgrade both times)

I have tested it on my test site but didn't face such issue. The plugin should not disable other plugins.

May be when installing and upgrading plugin due some reason like execution time exceeded the installation or up gradation process might have stopped in the middle on your site that might have caused this unexpected issue.

Please let us know how you have upgraded to membership pro 2 from protected content and whether this issue is happening every time on your site.

Been trying to protect pages again and my list says there is 582 pages to go through, which is right, but when i try to access them I cannot proceed beyond the first page. It comes up with 'no items available'

I could confirm the issue on your site but it's working fine on my test site using latest version of Membership 2 Pro plugin.

I can see you are using on your site Membership2 lite plugin version 4.0.0.0 and not the Membership 2 Pro plugin version 1.0.0.3 from the following page this may be causing you issue after upgrading from protected content so please try using the Membership 2 Pro plugin from the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

The most frustrating part was the protection was already there and for it to be wiped out after both install and then upgrade... makes me very anxious about repeating the process in the next upgrade.

Updates from Membership Pro to Membership 2 Pro brings over the members, subscriptions, and the relationship between them. Payments will not be interrupted but it will NOT bring over the protection levels. Anyone updating from Membership Pro to M2 will need to re-setup their protection.

This is happening only with this update as we are upgrading Membership Pro plugin to Membership 2 Pro and any future update will be smooth.

The following message is getting displayed as shown in the attached screenshot prior to the updation to the users so they will understand the process.

Membership2 is a completely rewritten plugin with a brand new user interface and new features.
    We improved workflows and data structure to make the plugin as simple and easy to use as possible for you!

When you update to the new version we will migrate your Subscription plans and Members to the new data structure automatically.

However, the protection rules cannot be migrated. So you have to manually set up all protection rules again after the update.*

Read more about the new version on our website!

The thirty or so forums that needed re-protecting twice, their listings come up and you can scroll through the pages, although the bulk add function failed to work and they had to be done individually, which wasn't that bad, since the listings actually showed so you could access them.

I have tested it on your site and also on my test site and found the bulk action in the Protected Content screen is working fine as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Sorry to be spamming, just wanted to add some more information to help. Just tried a work around using url protection... which will do for now as a quick dirty fix, until each page that i do want protected is protected once again and when i was in simulation membership mode this error came

I could confirm the warning message on your site but i didn't get it when i tested it on my test site so i think it has so i think this may be due to Membership2 lite plugin version and you should instead use the Membership 2 Pro plugin. The exit from the test mode is working fine on your site as shown in the third attached screenshot.

Also before doing any plugin update please make sure to back up your site so that if anything goes wrong we can recover it. For backup you can use our following Snapshot Pro plugin.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• jacci

Tthe install didn't kill the plugins this time and the test membership will exit every time now and does not throw any errors. so that has fixed those problems

However, The bulk protection for the FORUMS did not work and after updating to the new version which i thought i was doing from the dashboard in the first place, the bulk add in the forums STILL does not work.I just tried bulk add on the pages i can actually access which is only 5 out of 585 so i am in the same situation as before.
    When you are in the pages section of Protection Rules, if you go to page 2 or 3 or 4 or 22 etc, so you can get beyond the first 5 in the list nothing happens. If you have some magic to make them appear and get the bulk add to work for me, it would be nice if you could make that happen. Because at the moment i can only edit less than 1% of my pages from the protection admin options

i have tried adding filters to limit the number of results, no matter what i do i cannot get past those first 5 entries to the remaining 580

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @jacci,

Glad some of the issues have been fixed for you.

It seems you are using older version of Membership 2 Pro plugin on your site so please try updating it to the latest version.

Also the "No items found" issue can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Also please can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Please regrant the support staff access so that i can further troubleshoot it.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.