Just Using Subscriptions with Pay Per View

Hi there,
Is it possible to just use the subscription part of Pay Per View? How would I go about that? I would like to either connect it to a piece of text or a button.
Thanks,
Geva

Milan

Hello @geva,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us.

If you really want to achieve subscription like functionality on your site I strongly suggest you go with our most powerful plugin for subscriptions( in other word its referred as membereships ) Membership 2 Pro .

With Membership 2 Pro plugin you will be able to created different subscription plans for your user with more granular control over what will be protected. Even you can specify date range too.

Furthermore it provides category wise protection too so you can easily protects all the posts which belong to specific category easily. In addition of all the features it supports many major payment gateway which you can integrate on your site easily.

If you think Membership 2 Pro is not perfect solution for your requirement then you can go with Pay Per View's only subscription functionality this way.
    #1) Go to Pay Per View > Pay Per View > Payment Options > Uncheck < One time view, Period Pass > . Then check Recurring subscription and setup prices and timeframe according to your subscription structure.

I hope this helps you and yes can you give me bit more information about icon issue on your site. Please also enable support staff access and include page link where I can check issue.

Please let us know if there is anything else in which we can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan

Geva

I'm not interested in switching to the other plugin at this time. But, thanks for mentioning it. I have already unchecked the one time view and period pass options. What I need to know is how to create use the recurring subscription option because when I'm in the posts it asks for the price of a particular piece of text, not the recurring subscription price. Also, how do I enable support staff access?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Geva,

I hope you're well today!

I realized that my plugin is probably not working properly (hence gray) because I recently completed the process of changing my theme. Therefore, the path had changed.

Did you also moved you site and/or changed permalinks settings on your site? I'm asking this because changing theme doesn't change any essential paths and shouldn't affect neither WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin nor Pay Per View plugin. They both should function the same way as they were before you changed theme.

So, I uninstalled the plugin and am now having problems connecting to the mpmudev dashboard. I put in a request to my host to check the server settings.

I'm a bit confused. Did you re-install Pay Per View or WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? Do I correctly understand that when you go now to your dashboard's "WPMU DEV" page it asks you to login again and doesn't let you do this? If this is correct, could you please start a separate thread at our support forum here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Please include all messages/errors that you're getting (screenshots would be great) and the follow up conversation with your hosting provider that you've also included above. This will help us provide you with a faster and more accurate support.

What I need to know is how to create use the recurring subscription option because when I'm in the posts it asks for the price of a particular piece of text, not the recurring subscription price.

To do this, you will want to go to your dashboard's "Pay Per View -> Pay Per View" page and then scroll down to "Payment Options" settings. There's a "Recurring subscription" option which, when enabled, allows creation of recurring subscription.

"Payment pass validity" allows you to set up the subscription (meaning also access to protected content) period after which subscription should be automatically renewed. User will have to login to your site in order to create subscription. Please also scroll the page a bit further and make sure that your PayPal payment gateway is fully setup there, including adding IPN URL to your PayPal account settings. This step is extremely important as if IPN URL is not added to PayPal the subscription can be created on PayPal's side but PayPal would not be able to contact your site and extend user access (renew subscription on your site).

Best regards,
    Adam