just wondering... (new member)

Just wondering, since I just signed up for an account: do you guys have the time to check my list of plugins and let me know which ones I should get rid of now since your service added some extra security and extra other cool features? i think i am falling in love with your service already and plan to stay with yours from now on. i'm quite excited! :slight_smile: anyhow, if any one would be willing to look in the backend to my list of plugins or anything else and let me know what to get rid of and what to keep, i would appreciate it.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Cosmin

I hope you're well today and welcome on board!

I don't know your site that well as you do but I'll be happy to take a look at the configuration to see which plugins could be either removed or have some options disabled/changed so they wouldn't "overlap" with ours and which ones could possibly be replaced with ours.

I would, however, need to access the site. You can grant me a support access that will let me take a closer look in a secure way. To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's wp-admin area, then click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here once it's done.

I'll then access the site, review configuration and report back to you here :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Cosmin

Thank you for enabling support access.

I checked the site and I'd say it's quite a nice, clean setup. There seems to be no "unnecessary clutter" if it comes to plugins, no overlapping tools either - not much to change in my opinion. However, "not much" doesn't necessarily mean "nothing" :slight_smile:

There are three major changes that I would actually recommend and two of them are not even relevant to plugins :slight_smile:

1. The site is currently running on PHP 5.4.28 which is already quite old and outdated.

I would strongly suggest upgrading that to 7.x (preferably 7.2.x if available) version as it would add up to site's stability and security, lower resources usage and such upgrade alone should give quite a nice performance boost as 7.x is way faster than 5.x.

Usually such change can be easily done via cPanel or similar server management panel that you got at your disposal so take a look there and if it's possible, switch to 7.2.x or otherwise highest version available. This will also spare you potential issues in a long term, regarding plugins'/themes' compatibility.

2. Currently your server allows up to 256M of RAM memory to be used for PHP scripts (and WP is built with PHP) but your WordPress is still limiting it further to its default 40M. I'd recommend increasing that to 256M too. It won't give any noticeable "speed boost" but should make site more stable and less prone to possible "resource usage related" issues.

You can do it by adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file of the site, right above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

3. You already have our Hummingbird installed but there's also Comet Cache running. I'd quit on Comet Cache and stick to Hummingbird. With Comet Cache disabled you could then focus on configuring Asset Optimization in Hummingbird (in case you'd need additional information on this, let me know) and once that's set up - enable Page Cache in Hummingbird.

Also, there's a WP-Optimize running but since you have Hummingbird, you don't need it. In Hummingbird on "Hummingbird -> Advanced Tools -> Database Cleanup" page you can run (and configure scheduled runs also if you want) those important database optimization routines.

Other than this, I think you're fine though you might also want to apply Security Tweak from Defender to the site to make it more secure :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.