Keep getting error when importing snapshot from dropbox

Keep getting this error. I want to use dropbox to import from, because my ftp is very slow. How could I prevent this error? See image

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey rhdawson,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

It seems that your file is not public and Snapshot can't access it like that, so first thing you should try is setting you backup file as public in dropbox and then providing Snapshot with that public link.

To see if the issue is with Dropbox connection or with the file itself you could try downloading the file from your dropbox, upload it to your site manually via FTP to wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ folder, go to Import panel again and without entering any data in input field click on Import and it should find your file on your server and import it.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi rhdawson,

I see you dont have a public folder anymore in the dropbox. A new rule from dropbox?

That is correct, dropbox is making some changes and they are dropping public folder from accounts.

Before it was possible to import from dropbox with sharing the backup url even without it being placed inside shared folder but it seems like this has been changed now and I was unable to import from my dropbox as well :slight_frown:

I have created bug report for this issue and notified our developers about the issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.