Keep two seperate blogs running on Buddypress!

Hi Everyone, great community by the way!!!

I want to run a buddypress site and would like to have my own blog with content posted on the home page (visible to all visitors without signing in), and would like to have it seperate from the community blogs running inside BuddyPress. This way, I can continue to provide content to those that haven't commited to signing up yet.

Is this possible? If so how?

Thanks again!

Dave

• Timothy Bowers

I'm not sure how this relates to the "Blog Activity" plugin?

and would like to have it seperate from the community blogs running inside BuddyPress.

I'm confused by what you are asking here, BuddyPress doesn't have blogs running inside of it? It has activity streams and such, is this what you mean?

When you set up a WordPress installs you have your blog on that install, if you make it a multisite install then you still have a blog on your primary website. BuddyPress is a plugin which adds social networking abilities to your existing website but this is independent of the blog because there is already one on the main website.

have my own blog with content posted on the home page (visible to all visitors without signing in),

How content is displayed on your home page comes down to a few things, your theme, the settings you have in your "Reading Settings", and plugins which might change the previous. The "Reading Settings" are located at:

/wp-admin/options-reading.php

This way, I can continue to provide content to those that haven't commited to signing up yet.

Yeah thats pretty much how it works, take a peak at the network theme from WPMUDEV, the front page can pull contain from the main blog (the primary install) or from network blogs, you then access all the BuddyPress stuff through navigational links.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/network-theme

That is just one example of many.

If you have sandbox install (a test install, away from your production website), then have a play around and you should learn these things quickly. If you get stuck just drop a post here and I'm sure one of the many great people will offer their opinions and advice. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.