Keeps asking to fill "name" field even after it has been filled

Im having the same issue with all my sites that i am trying to get the appointments+ plugin working. The gcal integration works fine. when i test the connection i see the appointment on my secondary google calendar. if i create an appointment in the backend of the apointments+ plugin ut works and synchs with my gcal calendar as well. the issue im having is i cant set an appointment on the front end. It keeps telling me to "Please fill in the requested field" which in this case is the name field. I cannot seem to figure this out. i deleted the name field and then it said the same thing about the email field. please help. I did delete all the fields and was able to set an appointment. Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
Oh and even with the update im still getting the hvvm errors that i was getting before

Tue Feb 16 18:50:06 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd09fff700:7699:000001] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 4554
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:06 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd09fff700:7699:000002] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 4555
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:06 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd09fff700:7699:000003] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 4556
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:06 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd09fff700:7699:000004] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_addon_helper.php on line 6
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:08 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd523ff700:7951:000001] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 4554
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:08 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd523ff700:7951:000002] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 4555
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:08 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd523ff700:7951:000003] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php on line 4556
[Tue Feb 16 18:50:08 2016] [hphp] [4366:7fbd523ff700:7951:000004] [] \\nWarning: Case insensitive constant names are not supported in HipHop in /www/footsolutions_939/staging/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_addon_helper.php on line 6

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @perryhothi, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Split into two points:

#1: The issues with booking on the front end, as described:

The issue I'm having is I can't set an appointment on the front end.

It keeps telling me to "Please fill in the requested field" which in this case is the name field. I cannot seem to figure this out.

I deleted the name field and then it said the same thing about the email field. Please help. I did delete all the fields and was able to set an appointment.

There are fields that need to be filled out in order to make a successful appointment, may I ask what it is you're looking to do for this one? I'm not quite sure I follow, as it sounds like the fields need to be filled, as normally required, in order to appointments to be made?

Seems like there's more to the story here that I'm not aware of just yet, if you could elaborate on that for me, I'd really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

#2: I'll notify the developer of those warnings, but in the meantime, you should be able to take care of those by logging into your site via FTP, and doing the following:

#2a: Edit lines 4554-4556 of:

/appointments/appointments.php

From this:

define('APP_PLUGIN_DIR', dirname(__FILE__), true);
    define('APP_ADMIN_PLUGIN_DIR', trailingslashit( dirname(__FILE__) ) . 'admin', true);
    define('APP_PLUGIN_FILE', __FILE__, true);

To this:

define('APP_PLUGIN_DIR', dirname(__FILE__), false);
    define('APP_ADMIN_PLUGIN_DIR', trailingslashit( dirname(__FILE__) ) . 'admin', false);
    define('APP_PLUGIN_FILE', __FILE__, false);

#2b: Edit line 6 of:

/appointments/includes/class_app_addon_helper.php

From this:

define('APP_PLUGIN_ADDONS_DIR', APP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/includes/addons', true);

To this:

define('APP_PLUGIN_ADDONS_DIR', APP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/includes/addons', false);

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Foot Solutions
    • Flash Drive

Thank you i will try editing those lines. In regards to issue 1, i dont think i was clear enough, my apologies.
    I am putting a name, email and phone in but it doesnt seem to accept it. It doesnt seem to see the name that i input. It keeps telling me to fill the field regardless of what i write. If i delete the name field then it starts happening with the email field. Does that make sense. Ill attach a screenshot. You can also try making an appointment at the url and see what i mean

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @perryhothi,

You can also try making an appointment at the url and see what i mean

I'm not seeing a URL for the subsite in question, it doesn't seem like it's your main site, though (as that only has a single service, Default Service). I tried testing there nonetheless, and found that I was able to make an appointment there.

What's the URL for the appointment page where you're running into this issue? Also, are you logged into the site at the time of booking, or logged out?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Foot Solutions
    • Flash Drive

i am logged out when trying to do it, although ive tried both.Here is 4 different urls you can try any or all of them
    http://footsolutions.staging.kinsta.com/template/make-an-appointment/
    http://footsolutions.staging.kinsta.com/largo/make-an-appointment/
    http://footsolutions.staging.kinsta.com/buckhead/make-an-appointment/
    http://footsolutions.staging.kinsta.com/easton/make-an-appointment/

I get the same result on all of them.. Thank you

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @perryhothi,

I've tried to reproduce this over on my end, but have been unable to so far. I tested by creating appointments in all of the sites referenced here, and not only were the appointments created successfully, but the details entered in for them stuck (making an appointment on the main site didn't result in an appointment made on a subsite having the same name, email & other details for it's appointments).

What's the browser in use, and on what OS? Have the browser add-ons been disabled for it? Also, have you tried purging the Nginx cache when you're making these appointments?

I didn't have to do this when I was trying to reproduce this, but there doesn't look to be anything else that would be causing hiccups here, aside from caching, and something browser related.

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @perryhothi,

Ah okay, hadn't seen your messages at the time (I was still looking into the issue then, and hadn't reloaded the page I had this thread open in). :slight_smile:

What was the widget you had in place? I've tried creating appointments with all of the widgets available (Monthly Calendar, Services, Service Providers), with the Twenty Fifteen theme active, and still wasn't able to reproduce this on my site.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.