Keywords & New Keywords fields not visible in post edit section widget.

I noticed that when I edit the posts or pages, Keywords & New Keywords fields not visible in post edit section widget. This has been happening after the recent update

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ken

I hope you’re well today!

Keywords settings were removed from SmartCrawl with 2.4 release on Oct 10th. Keywords – as in “meta” tags – are obsolete for quite a long time already and are not really affecting SEO. It’s not necessary to set them and their impact on seo is negligible. It’s been suggested for quite some time already by other Member’s as well and we removed them from the plugin.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ken,

There’s is no alternative in SmartCrawl to input keywords, search engines are constantly changing the way they scan the site for relevant content and for some time now keywords are obsolete and will not benefit your SEO score.
    Is there some other reason why you still wish to include them?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ken,

Can you give me a bit more information about what you have done so far and if you used other options available in SmartCrawl to set up SEO on your site?

Did you run a SEO Checkup in SmartCrawl to see what suggestions are shown there?

What you should also note that SEO is no longer dependant on the content only, and while that of course is the main thing and having organic content will matter, you should also make sure that your site speed is optimized as the loading speed are part of the SEO and will affect your site ranking.

You can check our Hummingbird and Smush plugins to optimize your site loading speeds.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.