Kind of a complex Audio Store (at least I think so)

Hello guys,

I am building an Audio Store with Memberships, and I want to make it the best possible I can, so I decided to get the most of WPMU.

I am here to ask for advice on which of your plugins I should use for this particular project.

I was thinking I could do this work using your CoursePress Pro and many others, but I'd love to get your feedback.

So I need to build an audio streaming website, where users can buy memberships or individual tracks, create a profile, favorite their albums and create their own playlists. A rating system (# of likes) for the tracks should be present as well.

There is also the need for a Commissions system, since there will be more than one Collaborator (Professional) posting their audios on the website. It is necessary that the system can keep track of how many times a certain track has been bought, favorited, liked and played. We should be able to define a value for each and the system generates a report with the income for the month. If possible, a Paypal integration that allows the admin to send a payment straight to the professional's account.

I imagine this audio store being similar to Netflix or Spotify in usability, browsing and features.

I'm sending as an attachment the general idea for this structure, as I believe it helps to visualize all the features informed.

I'd like to know which features I could use straight from WPMU to build this and which I would need a third-party or if you recommend hiring an expert.

I really appreciate your help on this matter, if you need more info just let me know.

Thanks folks!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @pedro, hope you’re well today!

This definitely looks like a quite complex project you got there.

First of I’m not so sure about using CoursePress Pro on this one. You can definitely use MarketPress to sell your products, it has PayPal gateway integrated so you can use that too.

As for the commissions system if you decide to use MarketPress you’ll have to use multisite and network activate the plugin and also allow each of your collaborators to setup his own shop as a subsite.

To protect content on your site and allow users that are subscribed to different membership levels to access to different parts of your site I’d suggest Protected Content.

As for having rating system you might want to consider using something like this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-star-rating/

For the audio playlists and allowing users to create their own I was trying to find a plugin that will allow you to do that but had no success there.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Bojan

• Pedro
    • New Recruit

Thank you Bojan, I will definitely take a look at these.

I am having a hard time figuring out playlists too, I thought about an ajax call on saved links into a user profile field.

I will see what I can do.

I will be sure to post results here once I got em.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.