Kind of lost with blog templates and easy blogging

Hi,
I am kind of lost with a variety of things. I am working on a site that allows users to set up their own sites, like edublogs. I would like a certain theme/template so default. I downloaded the default theme plugin, and that sets the default theme, but was trying to use new blog templates to auto set some of the pages and custom info, so the layout is more simple for users.

I also would like to use Easy Blogging with that set up. Is there a way to set up an automated url based on the new url that a new user sets up, otherwise would I have to manually set up the actual url for each individual new site?

I am all over the place. I apologize.

Thanks,
David

• Vaughan

hi @David MacMoyle,

First you need to create a site that you will use to make a template from.

Once you have created the site, add the theme, widgets, page content, menu items & plugins. Once you have it how you want, go to new blog templates and then create a new template, select that template site you just created as the base for the template.

You can then select it as the default template to use.

All the instructions are on the usage page. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#usage

#2.

I also would like to use Easy Blogging with that set up. Is there a way to set up an automated url based on the new url that a new user sets up, otherwise would I have to manually set up the actual url for each individual new site?

I'm not sure what you are actually asking here, could you elaborate a bit more on this. what do you mean by automated URL based on the new URL?

Thanks

• DavidM

Thank for your response. For whatever reason, I thought I tried that, but was coming up short on something. I'll it again with those instructions.

Here is what I am trying to do in more detail...

Frontpage site is resumekite.com. User signs up for a custom site at resumekite.com. Once they signup, they get a default template (which is created from new blog templates. From there they can use easy blogging to easily manage only 4 or 5 pages and other options.

If I just create an easy blogging menu item based on the new template, I have to enter an url. But I don't know the urls for people signing up in the future. I am looking for a way so that easy blogging automatically uses the "pages" field and calls it "x" and takes a sections field and calls it "y" on every new site created. Because the main site and the template site are different I don't know how to do that. I hope this clears things up a little bit.

Thank you again for your assistance!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.