Kinda Random Q - What is powering WPMUDev's Support Review Functionality?

Hi WPMUDev,

I hope your day is goinng well :slight_smile:

Got a random Q for y'all that I'm finally getting around to asking...

I'm wondering what is powering the 'Rate my support' functionality on WPMUDev staff posts?

More specifically, I'm most interested in the second step where you ask to be reviewed on an external site.

I'd like to be able to do something similar, haven't really looked into it yet... hoping for some easy answers :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Max

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Max!

I have no idea, actually. I've never actually seen it, I was a silent member before I was staff so I'd never asked a question before they brought me on. (And now I won't shut up, go figure.) You guys can Yelp about us? I literally had no idea. :smiley:

I'm pretty sure this is Dev @Aaron's domain, maybe that @mention will inspire him to pop in and spill some company secrets. (Not literally.)

What happens when you inspect the element in firebug or dev tools? If there's a third party API in there, it would be visible in the resources tab.

Great question! Now I'm curious! I had no idea how involved it was, I just see the results once a week when the boss shares them with us.

Thanks, Max!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Max,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your reply.

I can't speak for @Aaron on this; however, I think it would have to do with dev priorities, this is the first time I've seen this requested to be honest.

With that said, it would be cool! I'm not sure how many of our users are using bbPress but of course if it got enough user support then we would do it :slight_smile:

I've actually been thinking we should do a poll on the blog or in the forums for what type of plugin(s) our community is wanting next. I know we have done this in the past; but not that I can remember since I've been here.

Before that happens though we still have some awesome upcoming new/major releases/updates :wink:

By the way, your screenshot would be of a domain mapping thread! LOL

Do you have posters of domain mapping in your bedroom? :p (jk of course)

Have great weekend Max.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.