KML file not working with Google Maps

I'm trying to import a KML file into a map with the Google Maps plugin. I used Google MyMaps to create a map and exported a .kml file from it. Then I attached the uploaded KML file to the map. But it didn't show up any layers that I created in the map in Google MyMaps.

• Nahid

Hey Brian ( SKC )!
    Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. I continued troubleshooting the issue along with some of my other colleagues and even contacted the developers of the plugin about it.

Firstly, I want to mention that the procedure you followed to upload the .kml file and attach it to a map was absolutely correct. I created another map for demo purposes, exported the .kml file from it and attached it to a new map in your site and it shows up as expected. You can see that in the /testmap/ page in your site - yoursite.com/testmap/. Here's a screenshot for reference:

The issue is actually with the map that you created at the first place and the generated .kml file from it. I tested the same .kml file in our test sites and it didn't work apparently because, the KML feed doesn't validate. You can check the validation of your KML feed file here. All you need to do is upload the .kml file to a cloud storage so it is publicly accessible from a link and enter the link in the field in this validator. Here's a screenshot for reference:

This apparently means that something went wrong while generating the .kml file from Google Maps and in this scenario, you cannot really do much about it but create a new map from scratch unfortunately.

Hope this helps and clarifies the issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid