language package

Hi

I installed this plugin and it works great.

Are there any language packages for this plugin.

I need to have it in Italiana as i am building a Site which is targeting an Italian audience.

Thank you very much.

Corrado Izzo

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado Izzo,

There are no language packages so to speak but there is .po file included for you to be able to translate in the manner you see fit in the \events-and-bookings\languages folder.

For more information regarding .po and .mo files please consult the WordPress codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• corrado_izzo

Aecnu

Thanks for your feedback.

Just spent the better half of this day to translate the .po file you mentioned.

I used http://poeditor.com

The Wordpress Codex link you sent over gives me as a non Coder no practical advice , i still managed to translate the file which i am attaching here.

but what do i do now that it is translated ?

It appears to me that i have to write some code to make the plugin call the translations i made.

No idea !!!

maybe you can help

is there a process ?

Thank you WPMU Hero Aecnu

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado Izzo,

Thank you for the link and your additional input.

You need to make a .mo file out of it and then place it in your languages folder.

That should do the trick and yes I would be happy to help you further but you are one up on me since I have never had to translate before English being my native language.

But if the above does not do the trick I will certainly see about getting us some assistance regarding this situation.

Please advise on how you make out and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• corrado_izzo

Hi Joe

Thank you for getting back.

Your as fast as lightning :slight_smile:

I created the .mo file as you advised,
    again using http://www.poeditor.com

I placed the mo file into wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/languages

but no change i got...

It is still in English

Do i need to do anything to activate it ?

I guess i need to tell the plugin to use this language file instead of the english standard one.

i am attaching the .mo file i created

you can find it under this link here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9jh6dwf6x54zbk/events_plugin_translation_Italian.mo

------

I would leave it in english but considering that in Italy not many people speak english and considering that i do not want ANY sort of confusion or misunderstanding when it comes to committing to a paid event i'd rather have things crystal clear more than glass.

Once we master this problem together we can make the translation available for the community.

Thank you
    Corrado Izzo

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado,

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well!

I think all we need to do now is get the naming convention correct and you will be all set with your .mo file which its correct place is in the sub folder languages of the Events+ plugin.

I think the applicable name for this file should be it_IT.mo in the events/languages folder.

Please advise if this does the job for us.

Cheers, Joe

• corrado_izzo

Hi Aecnu

No that did not do the job.

Status Quo is :

inside plugins/events-and-bookings/languages folder i have two files now

eab.po (the original file that was in there)

and the

it_IT.mo (the file containing the translations.

I already did purge the cache of my browser but my translations still do not show.

you can download it_IT.mo from here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3d9o78mn6xrc3q/it_IT.mo

maybe i am doing something wrong.

thank you

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado and Happy New Year!

Thank you for letting me know and sorry to see that it has not worked out for us as I anticipated it would.

Therefore it is time to call in the BIG Guns to see what I am missing here with this issue.

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado Izzo,

Thank you for letting us know and I am pretty sure the issue is in the file naming convention that it has a prefix that we have not included.

I know I have seen this recently but cannot find the d-a-r-n thing.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado Izzo,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• corrado_izzo

Hi Joe

Sorry for my late reply but i had to set priorities. The issue went on for way too long and i had coursematerials to prepare and jump onto another schedule.

I will look into the language settings in the next few days as i will update the page and get back to you.

In the mean time i am putting my next events up and i am displaying all upcoming events in my sidebar using the events + sidebar widget but the events are not showing.

For example today is the 10. March and only events that happen in the next 30 days display an event that happens on the 15th of April is not displaying.

You know why ?

• corrado_izzo

It seems that the plugin puts all events in monthly archives/chunks and displays events only in the 30 day range. Today is the 10.th of March and a Scheduled Event for the 15th of april is not showing.

If i change the date lets say to the 8th of April it shows.

Mmmmhh any idea why the plugin would do such funny things ?

the other things is that the plugin does not display the social RSVP's even if i activated the option in the settings.

But that is not that important right now.

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado Izzo,

Once again we have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• corrado_izzo

Hi Joe

Excuse my absence but had other priorities - now i am getting traffic to my site but conversion suffers alot because of the language issue which i guessed would happen. So finally this needs to be sorted out or i'll have to switch solutions because time is limited and i cannot spend days and days on this issue.

So if you would be so kind let's give this a last shot.

It's about makin the Events+ plugin speak italian.

I tried to do what Vladislav siad here :

Generally speaking, the .mo files should have names in this format: <text domain>-<locale code>.mo to be successfully loaded by a plugin. In our case, the text domain is "eab", so the proper file name should be "eab-it_IT.mo" - provided, of course, your WPLANG define is set to "it_IT". Can you please try naming your .mo file in this format and see if that helps?

I renamed the .mo file but nothing happens the plugin is still in English.

This is the Environment right now.

1.: The .mo file is renamed into eab-it_IT.mo and is together with the eab.po in the languages folder of the Eventsplugin.

The size of the .po is 67.212 and the size of the .mp file is 8,821

Should they both be in the same directory ?

2.: Vladislav suggests that my WPLANG define should be set to "it_IT"

I did not do this also because i do not know how to do this and i do not want my blog to be all in Italian but just the Events Registration Plugin.

I uploaded both files to a dropbox folder which you can find here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/69029kzcuj6qofs/X5VjkY9HAD

If there is a simple solution to this then lets go ahead with it.
    It would be great if you could send me some sort of step by step process.

It would also be great to make it work because i already invested hours and hours
    of my time into this and we could make it available to the community if we get this.

I have the issue now that i need an events solution that works in this country here where i am launching this product and i need to get it done by tomorrow.

Let's give it a last shot.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

thank you very much
    -C

• aecnu

Greetings Corrado Izzo,

Thank you for the great input above focusing on exactly what is happening there with your WordPress installation.

1.: The .mo file is renamed into eab-it_IT.mo and is together with the eab.po in the languages folder of the Eventsplugin.

The size of the .po is 67.212 and the size of the .mp file is 8,821

Should they both be in the same directory ?

Yes the both the eab-it_IT.mo and eab-it_IT.po should be in the same folder form my understanding how it works.

2.: Vladislav suggests that my WPLANG define should be set to "it_IT"

I did not do this also because i do not know how to do this and i do not want my blog to be all in Italian but just the Events Registration Plugin.

This is a tough one and the only way I think you will manage that is if you set up the events plugin on a sub site and the language set to Italian for that subs site - which would be used for the sole purpose of the events plugin in Italian.

But I am not sure about that as well and will re-flag @Vladislav for further explanation and comment.

Cheers, Joe

• corrado_izzo

Hi Joe

Thanks for getting back on this issue but i decided to not use this plugin anymore.

The Plugin needs alot of work and investment of time (which i do not have) for it to do what i need it to do when at the same time there are solutions that i can use that are free and just require a few Mouseclicks for them to be installed.

The Events+ plugin as it is now is not very intuitive for users i found and the steps too many in order to convert a user into a buying customer.

The plugin needs some serious updates and i hope you will look at it because in principle it's great but a user has to go thru a Process made of 5 to 8 clicks/steps to login signup, allow app etc etc and buy a ticket and while he is at it there are so many reasons for the user to abbandon the process.

I have had people coming to my events which preferred to pay at the event and not on the site because they found it confusing and complicated.

If you take Eventbrite (which i am using now) for example a user can buy a ticket with 2 Mouseclicks and the solutin is free, very professional and in more than one language.

I think reguarding the UX alot can be learned from this solution.

Thank you very much for your help Joe and Vladislav and i would love to contribute to help you improve this plugin if you want me to and i said before.

I would remove all unnecessary clicks from the Signup Process as it hurts conversions.

All the best
    - C

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.