"Latest News" without pictures

Hello all,
I'm re-posting this from the "changing head size and latest news" thread. Here's a link to my site: http://www.suspensionrepresentation.org/

I'm utilizing the "front page settings" in the business theme options to generate my home page. The trouble I'm having is that I want the "latest news" section to display posts that don't necessarily have a picture attached. The theme seems to expect a picture for each post (the only options regarding the pictures in that section are between sizes thumbnail, medium and large) and the result of a post being absent a photo is a white box above the post itself. Tammie seemed to insinuate I was using incorrect terminology before so I apologize if this is unclear.

Secondly, the featured front page section seems to tile its image, is there a way to turn this off?

Lastly, I would like the featured front page section to display the entirety of the text from that page rather than simply an excerpt.

Thanks for all your help guys!

• Tammie

I wanted clarifications so thank you for providing them. Lets get into dealing with the matter.

This will require code editing in home.php the featured image is output like this:

<div id="feature-image">
    <span class="attach-post-image" style="height:250px;display:block;background:url('<?php the_post_image_url($image_display); ?>') center center repeat"> </span>
    </div>
    <div id="feature-content">
    <h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3>
    <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
    " class="button"><?php echo $feature_linktitle; ?>
    </div>

As you can see we use a few things here that you can adjust.

1. You can either remove feature-image and add some other styling for the image - you'd control this with CSS
    2. You can change the_excerpt to the_content to output all the post
    3. Size is dependent on a) your image and b) the theme option settings or you can fix the size in the call - note the checking for $image_display:

$image_display = get_option('ne_buddybusiness_feature_image_size');

It's basically asking for a size: thumbnail, medium or large - you can change this as said under options.

I hope that helps you at least in part and just let me know anything else you need help with.

• Suspension Representation

You rock Tammie.
    After a little messing around, this worked for me. I decided to eliminate images entirely from the "latest news" posts since we will so rarely want them to be displayed on the front page and to allow that in those cases would throw off the aesthetic. However, it was fairly easy to implement some standard CSS to make image display conditional on the existence of an image in the post from which it pulls.
    The quick content fix went smoothly. Though had I wanted to include much more text in my welcome description I would have needed to adjust the space provided on the front page. Also wouldn't be that difficult and is doable from home.php.
    However, I could not figure out how to change the featured image tiling. I recognize that the "center center repeat" command is doing this (right?) but I couldn't determine what to change that to because all the css I looked at to control image action was so different that I couldn't figure out what would set off the desired change. This suspicion was confirmed when experimentation resulted in no change at all. Is it possible that this is being controlled by something other than home.php? What specific code can I use to make the image simply center?
    Thanks so much for your help Tammie and I hope my beginner's language is comprehensible enough to help others out there.