latest post is not showing on blog

I am having an issue with the blog post not showing full text
on the front page but only displaying excerps of the post

I have set the Front page displays set Your latest posts
and
For each article in a feed, show full text
however its not showing full text am I missing somthing.

http://www.yours4success.com/

• PC

Hello there Steve,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

That option is to control the feed (RSS feed) rather than what is displayed on your site.

Read more about it here : http://weblogs.about.com/od/wordpresstutorialstips/tp/How-To-Configure-Wordpress-Reading-Settings-For-Your-Blog.htm

Quote :

Feed Settings
    You can configure how your blog feed is set up using the options in the Reading Settings section of your WordPress dashboard. Following are recommendations for configuring your blog's feed settings:

Syndication fees show the most recent: If you publish a lot of new posts each day, your blog's feed can get very long. By selecting a number in the drop-down box, you can configure how many or your most recent posts are sent out via your feed at the same time. Your choice in this setting depends on how much content you publish, so the default 10 setting is a good place to start.
    For each article in a feed, show: Your blog's feed can be sent to feed readers and to email subscribers as a full or partial feed. You can follow the link to learn about the pros and cons of using full or partial feeds and choose the option that best meets your blogging goals.
    Encoding for pages and feeds: The default UTF-8 is the most common encoding option, so it's unlikely that you'd need to change this setting.

Each theme has different settings via theme options and some themes allow you to control it.

Generally themes use `<!--?php the_excerpt(); ?-->

due to which it only shows the excerpt on the archives.

If we change that to
    <!--?php the_content(''); ?-->
    ` we can change the behavior and have it show the whole blog post but what if one of your posts has a lot of content, it would look odd on the homepage right ?

If you want to know how to do that in Studio theme, kindly let me know and I will dig into the code for you :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.