Latest Smush Update breaks my theme...

Further to this ticket...
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/movedo-theme-and-smartcrawl-issue
Updating to the latest version of Smush has broken the Visual Composer back end editor for the area items in my go to theme.
Come on guys!....

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi JazzyDan,

I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience. As this is regarding with our Smush plugin, I'm moving this thread to our Support Forums.

And to check this issue, we need some information about your site, hosting and other stuff. Can you please ping us in chat so we can investigate further? And please mention this ticket URL when you ping us in chat.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• JazzyDan
      • The Crimson Coder

the site is thing39.com
      I have granted support access for you
      If you activate the smush plug-in and then edit an "area item" you will notice you are unable to use the visual composer backend editor.
      If you deactivate the smush plug-in you will notice you are able to use it again.
      This was fine before yesterdays update.
      This happens with various sites I run on different types of hosting.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello JazzyDan,

I was able to replicate this issue on my system also. Seems that only Area item are affected - I checked Portfolio and Testimonial (as those are also custom post types added by the Theme) but Visual Builder loads there fine. There are JS errors in browser console after enabling Smush, so it looks like scripts used by Smush are conflicting with scripts used by theme.
    I'm reporting this to our developers so they can investigate this and provide solution.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.