Latest Ultimate Branding update breaks admin bar

I updated to the latest version of Ultimate Branding and it’s broken my admin bar, my logo is no longer showing. It is showing the link url instead of the logo.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Glenton !

Hope you are having a great day!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I tried to replicate the issue in a couple test multisite installation of ours but couldn’t.

In order to investigate the issue further, I tried to enable debugging in WordPress (WP_DEBUG), but it seems the provided SFTP account during the chat session doesn’t have enough permissions to make changes to your wp-config.php file. I took a look at the “read-onlywp-config.php file and it seems debugging can be enabled from “Site->Settings->Wp-config tab” in your hosting management panel. Could you possibly please enable that for us? Please respond back here letting us know when that is done.

We’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nahid

• xod Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

All of our 300 + sites are broken too. This isn’t good for our customers or resellers. I hope this isn’t going to be like Marketpress when it upgraded from 2.x t 3.x and broke all or our installs and they never got fixed. Excuse my negativity, WPMU Dev history hasn’t been good.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Glenton

Hope you are doing well!

I’ve updated the plugin on your site to the latest version. The Logo image on the Admin Bar was showing a link that was added at the Customs Entry section. I’ve removed Custom Entry item and the default logo is showing up. I could not replicate the same on my test site, so this is specific to the site’s setup.

Would you please create a staging site where we could troubleshoot this issue? Please send to us credentials to your staging site. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– Login URL

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs

Looking forward to your reply!

xod Media I am sorry to hear your sites are broken. Please open a Live Chat with us, or open a new thread in our forums to let us know what is broken, so we could investigate what when wrong on your site.

Dan If there is an issue with the Branda plugin, please let us know more information in a new thread or a live chat, this thread is posted by another author and this way, the author will not be getting email notifications each time when there is a new post in the thread.

To downgrade a plugin, please download a previous version of the plugin from the Branda project page. Either remove and re-install the plugin via Plugins menu on your dashboard or re-upload the plugin via FTP to /wp-content/plugins/ directory

Have a good day and take care!

Cheers,

Nastia

• xod Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@nastia yes, we opened up a live chat earlier and Patrick Cohen confirmed there is an issue with the plugin.

” Patrick Cohen 02:56:42 pm

Indeed, it does not appear to be a plugin conflict either; no other plugins active on my test site, yet still the custom logo does not appear. While I do not see only test there, the default WP logo stays stubbornly there.

Also, there appears to be no ready solution yet as the devs have not been able to replicate, so I’ll provide them with access to my test site as well

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hi there Glenton and xod Media !

Hope you are doing well today!

I’m terribly sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. This is indeed very unusual as this cannot be replicated in all sites. Our developers have been made aware of the reported issues and they’re working hard to get ahold of them. As it doesn’t happen on all sites, your cooperation is highly appreciated in helping us determine the source of the issue upon further investigation and troubleshooting.

Glenton Could you please kindly create a staging site if possible and send the credentials to us as my colleague Nastia requested in her last response? We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this.

xod Media I can see that your reported issue is being handled in a separate thread. I hope that gets resolved as soon as possible. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Glenton,

hope you’re doing well and I’m really sorry for the huge delay here.

I checked the staging site (really appreciate the cooperation on this) and first I had to remove the WordPress Menu from the hidden items.

The bug we have found and reported to our developers already, is that the logo image isn’t getting displayed as long as you have the WP admin top bar hidden for not logged-in users. As long as we switch this to visible it gets displayed.

https://monosnap.com/file/oDKjM8DQIE8TxwHyisM68Bp6mmTwyu

As mentioned above this is already reported to our developers and a future release is going to fix it. I really can’t provide any estimated time on this, if there’s any development though, we’ll keep you posted here. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.