Latest update breaks the plugin if using custom themes

I troubleshot this last night and re-built my custom theme. (would really like more details on setting the defaults and incorporating them into the design)

My previous theme was created several years ago; but folks probably need an alert that older custom themes may render the plugin useless.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @cdgweb, I hope you are well today!

I’m sorry to hear you have this issue.

Please, post here an example of what exactly is not working on the e-Newsletter template?

Would you please grant support access as well, from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can have a look?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please post here once you do!

Cheers,

Nastia

• cdgweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I’m not having this issue anymore; I fixed it. But I wanted to post here because it was very specifically a custom e-newsletter theme issue and others are bound to run into it. The theme I was using was based on one of the originals from 4 years ago, when the plugin was still fairly new and going through a lot of changes.

What happened when the ‘bad’ e-newsletter theme was installed, was a lot of errors running down the screen when I tried to create a new or edit an old theme. I didn’t save the error messages. (I was going to submit a support ticket, but decided to try to fix the problem first.)

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @cdgweb,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to know you have fixed this issue yourself. Thanks for bringing it to our attention and sharing with the community, much appreciated.

Yes, there were lots of changes throughout this period and there could conflicts for sure. Its recommended to keep updated your custom templates as well, to make sure every thing will work with new plugin. As we ensure and guarantee to make our plugins up to date with latest versions of WordPress.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Sajid J

• cdgweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think it would be a good idea if there was an alert during update if the templates change, with release notes explaining what changed. Otherwise updating templates would be a problem. You kind of need to know what and when to update them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.