latest version of CoursePress and profile picture not seen

I have installed latest version of CoursePress but it is not the latest for WPMU.
Besides, profile picture of instructor still cannot be seen after many advises from WPMU.
Anyone please help solve this?

I am going to grant access by uninstall and reinstall my WPMU Dev. Oh my...

• Nastia

Hello @pole915, I trust you are well today!

Thank you for granting support access to your site.

I have logged in into your site and I can see the avatars are shown. Would you please clear your browser's cache and cookies? Or please, use another browser and see if the avatars are showing.
    http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/clear-cookies-installed.html

If this is not the case, please provide the slug or the course title so I can check.

Let us know how it went! Take care :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Nastia.

• Milan

Hi @pole915,

I hope you are having an awesome day.

I guess my colleges @Anastasia didn't made any changes to your site. Because the behaviour you've mentioned mostly caused by cookies and caches.

Besides i have issue people signing up the course and then being asked to enrol again.

Basically you've added membership 2 pro [ms-membership-buy ...] shortcode in course content. This will not let user enroll automatically to course but it will for membership subscription. So user needs to enroll to course separately.

I hope this helps you..

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Enjoy Wpmu-dev..

Warmest Regards,
    Milan.

• pole915

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Basically you've added membership 2 pro [ms-membership-buy ...] shortcode in course content. This will not let user enroll automatically to course but it will for membership subscription. So user needs to enroll to course separately.

It costs me a few months and money to unable to settle the setting of CoursePress together with Membership2. Perhaps i need to stress the important point of being user-friendly again, how can i expect my customer to know that once they have paid, they still need to enrol the course???? Can someone please really settle my problem?

Besides, i got the issue the page becomes blur. Something is wrong.

`Hello pole915,

I was able to register and enroll to course, but I see that you are still using old version of CoursePress. Can you update that?
    Because during enrolment I've got a blurred screen and this is cause by jQuery error that should be fixed in the new release.

Please note that you can edit Thank-You page so it will show more informations.

Kind regards,
    Kasia
    `

User-friendly is really important for my website, it really makes me wonder how can i view my content after i make the payment, even i am the one who try to set up this web... Can you please also try to register and go through some content by signing up? That perhaps help both of us understand each issue. I am not writing the code for the plugin CoursePress and Membership 2, so it is best i can get more details and information from expert who write that. Thanks.

• Rupok

Hi pole915,

I hope you had a wonderful day.

As you said "Yes i have seen the profile picture.", so I believe the issue mentioned in this thread is solved.

And about the latest version issue, I just checked and now our system is showing that you are using the latest version. So I think this issue is also resolved.

I just found that in your reply, you stated another issue : "Besides i have issue people signing up the course and then being asked to enrol again."

Please take note that payment for paid membership plans and payment for paid courses are two different things. Once your user pay for your paid membership, they become a paid member, but that doesn't automatically make them enrolled to any paid course. Rather, after confirming the paid membership, they have the option to choose between paid courses and pay again for those courses.

Please let us know if I missed anything. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• pole915

Please take note that payment for paid membership plans and payment for paid courses are two different things. Once your user pay for your paid membership, they become a paid member, but that doesn't automatically make them enrolled to any paid course. Rather, after confirming the paid membership, they have the option to choose between paid courses and pay again for those courses.`</blockquote>

Thanks for fast reply. Thanks for your explanation too. But my course is selling in individual, so they choose course A they pay for A, then they will not need to enrol again for A. Because only this make sense to me and my customers too. Can you help? What should i do?

• pole915

Hi

I have tried to register myself, as per attached,

i) i can see there is link to my account, but if i am user i do not know where to go from there...

ii) even if i do, i go click courses again, i need to again click the course that i wish to sign up with, (make no sense, right?) , and i see the word both enrol and sign up (again make no sense),

iii) And customer is suppose to click enrol then only can access to where they are supposed to be.

iv) if i am the customer i expect to pay and then directly link to content that i am paying for.

• Rupok

Hi pole915 ,

Yes. If your site doesn't have any paid membership, then the flow should be - Your users come to your site, select a course, Then click "Enroll Now" (if he is already logged in) or click "Sign Up" (if he is not logged in). I signed up and then it took me to the page where I can pay for the course.

Now if you want to handle payments in coursepress, you *have to have* marketpress installed and activated. I logged in your site with Support Access and found that your marketpress plugin is inactive. So I believe the payments users are making is not being tracked by Coursepress. And that's why they are being asked to enroll in the same course again.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• pole915

I am confused, and surprised greatly, only until so much time and effort being put in, i come to know i need to activate MarketPress, and do you mean i activate MarketPress, i get what i need?

Perhaps by now you should know a little bit more what i need to achieve, and i think best if i try to explain a bit,

i) i have courses with content, and with price for each of the courses,

ii) customers get to pay to view the content, by auto paying monthly or quarterly basis, (or any other timeframe)
    Now that i think this is very similar to WPMUDEV, the only different is each course rather than all in WPMUDEV, so this should not be so difficult

iii) please elaborate further about your advice, i am not the programmer
    At first i suppose what i need to achieve is by setting up CoursePress and Membership 2, MarketPress is not needed base on comment from stuff of WPMUDEV, and now that since you revise that, please elaborate more about what i need to do, i am having the idea that you mention, as long as i hit the button of activate MarketPress, then i get what i want, as simple as that would be GREAT

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello pole915,

I'll jump here in, because I feel there is lot of unclear things. Using Membership 2 Pro or MarketPress with CoursePress will result with paid access to courses but in two different ways:

1) CoursePress and Membership 2 Pro:

If you want to give your users access to course (or courses) for time period (like month) or you want they paid you time after time (recurring payments) - this is why you use Membership 2 Pro. To protect content for time periods.

2) CoursePress and MarketPress - when you only want to sell courses. One user buys course, add it to the cart and thats it. Have bought permanent access to this one course.

So when you wrote

customers get to pay to view the content, by auto paying monthly or quarterly basis, (or any other timeframe

you need to use Membership 2 Pro. And joining membership is not the same as enrolling course.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

1) CoursePress and Membership 2 Pro:

If you want to give your users access to course (or courses) for time period (like month) or you want they paid you time after time (recurring payments) - this is why you use Membership 2 Pro. To protect content for time periods.

Hi Kasia,

What i need is definitely number 1. But after pay for the course, enrollment will greatly cause issues. It seems like the process is not flowing smoothly, creates confusion as well as not user-friendly.

ii) even if i do, i go click courses again, i need to again click the course that i wish to sign up with, (make no sense, right?) , and i see the word both enrol and sign up (again make no sense),

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello pole915,

But after pay for the course, enrollment will greatly cause issues. It seems like the process is not flowing smoothly, creates confusion as well as not user-friendly.

When you use Membership 2 Pro you don't pay for the course. You are paying for joining the membership. And when you are member you have access to courses. This will not work other way.
    Both plugins are not integrated way the CoursePress and MarketPress are (when you buy course you are enrolled to it) - but they work together.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.