Layout Adjustment

How can I edit the layout of subscription form? E.g. an ugly space between subscribe button and text or no space between email entry field and subscribe button. Thanks for any hint.

• togur
    • New Recruit

I haven't tried anything yet. I am newbie, I have just basic knowledge of CSS.

I need to reduce the space below the subscription button - see screenshot.

(The layout is the same even on Twenty Eleven 1.4.)

Thanks for any advice.

• togur
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy,
    thanks for code - it works. Unfortunately it causes only small difference in a layout. I searched in subscribe-by-email.php and I think I know where the problem is.

Line 207 define br/ and 208 paragraph. I think the break is unnecessary und makes it difficult adjusting by CSS.

Above that in code are more definitions which owerwrites the theme layout - e.g. line 166 - button centering (as You can see on screenshot above).

I would like achieve the layout as on picture below, but I am affraid it is not possible without changing subscribe-by-email.php

:-o

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

thanks for code - it works. Unfortunately it causes only small difference in a layout.

You could alter the CSS as needed to get the exact layout you want.

Really if you can avoid editing plugin files then it would be better for when you come to update to a new version.

So we're talking about moving the button now, right?

If so then with the above code and this:

.subscribe-by-email .art-button-wrapper {margin-left:-115px;}

You should get as in my screenshot.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.