Layout and Memory issues after installing Marketpress Premium

Good day,

We recently chatted to your support team around some marketpress plugin issues we were encountering. As per our discussion, we installed the latest premium version.

After install, all of our product layouts changs, which we resolved (It has now reverted back). We also noticed that the plugin required that we modify our php alloocated memory from 256 mb to 512 mb, which we have done. However, the site has now been experiencing major issues and this is affecting sales.

Please could someone assist ASAP.

Thank you,

• Sajid

Hi Lilliam,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear its not working for you as expected. If I understand correctly then you have upgraded from old version of MarketPress to latest/revamped version of MarketPress.

If yes then, its recommended to not upgrade the plugin on live website right away. Create a staging/cloned version of your production website on same server on a subdomain or subdirector and upgrade their first. Get yourself familiar with it and tweak according to your requirements.

Once you are done with the changes and you are sure that your staging site is working fine than move it to live by replacing the existing one (after taking backup of live site ofcourse).

Here is a detailed and easy article on WPBeginner on how to create a staging/dev site:
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

This will ensure that your live site and sales would not affect with the changes. That is the safest bet.

Once you are done creating staging site, then please start new thread explaining the specific issue one by one in our support forum to get further assistance. We are always here to help and will try our best to solve those in whatever way possible.

If you have not updated the plugin from old to new and starting new site. Then it is still strongly recommended to create development site to make the changes and move to live when done.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Lilliam

Hi Sajid,

We have been going a bit crazy over this. We did all you mentioned above, I even installed the "patch" one of the other queries have had answered. What has happened now is:

1. All our "colour" variation options have vanished,
    2. Our orders layout section is not displaying correctly,
    3. Past orders are not reflecting their colour option, even though it's correct in the database.

Please can you assist, every hour that this is down we lose sales.

Thank you,

• Sajid

Hi Lilliam,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for loss and frustration but only way to get your website back is by restoring the site prior to installing the updated version of MarketPress plugin. This way you will have your website back and live for sale.

Then, as mentioned above, create a staging dev site and start customizing there.

Let me know when you are done and enable support staff access so I can take a closer look.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.