Layout changes not sticking with my BP-Daily child theme :/

Hi, everyone
I'm sorry I had to resort to posting a new thread, but I couldn't make it work just from reading through previous discussions. Hopefully one of you has the magic ticket :slight_smile:

I've installed BP-Daily and I've created my child theme [called "Ewing"]. I've registered Ewing as the active theme, and I've selected the default.css preset style. I've also copied over the contents of the themes/bp-daily-child folder, as well as a couple other .php files I wanted to edit [footer.php, header.php, etc].

I need to make some layout changes - for example, removing the category navigation - to satisfy the people who pay me, and it seems that no matter where I make them, they don't take. I'm obviously making some silly mistake / oversight somewhere, but I'm having a heck of a time finding it.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate the help. Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Ratmak, Hope you are well! :slight_smile:

I've installed BP-Daily and I've created my child theme [called "Ewing"]. I've registered Ewing as the active theme, and I've selected the default.css preset style. I've also copied over the contents of the themes/bp-daily-child folder, as well as a couple other .php files I wanted to edit [footer.php, header.php, etc].

I'm not sure of your setup, so....

Is this a multisite?

If so then as well as activating within the admin area, you also need to go to the site in question and then turn it on for that website.

What I sometimes do to ensure I have the correct file is select chunks of it and delete it for a moment to see if it throws up an error when viewing on the site. If it doesn't then usually its because I've got the wrong one or not activated.

Let me know if this is not the case. :slight_smile:

And if not then perhaps provide a snippet of what you want changing. I can then go test on my sandbox install.

Take care.

• Ratmak

Hi, Tim!
    Thanks for the response, and my apologies for leaving out vital bits of info. The install is not multisite - I'm working on our dev site right now, and figured I would just port it over when I finished. Honestly, I feel like I've gone nuts, cos nothing I change is reflected on the site, CSS or otherwise. I read a thread on here that referred to "uncommenting the child's functions.php file" and then went on to discuss line 16 of that file, which, in my installation, is nothing but an empty php declaration. I even redownloaded the theme, and nothing. :slight_frown:

Is there anything else I can provide? I feel like I'm not being terribly helpful.

Thanks again for your help!

Tom.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.