Layout changes to .php template files not showing

Hello,

I want to change the layout on the home page of my Buddy Press Daily Theme. Nothing radical, just need to move some elements around then style them. I'm using the three column layout option from the control panel. I've found that the file I think I need to edit is content-columns.php by using Firebug and the find tool in Dreamweaver.

Currently, the layout is setup as follows:

Headline
Byline
Picture
Excerpt
More Button
Category
Other posts from category (preview list)

I want to rearrange this to:

Photo
Category
Headline
Excerpt
More Button
(Delete preview list)

This seems simple, but none of the changes I do to the layout contained within <div class="feature-wrap"> show up when I refresh the page.

I have no cache plugins installed
The sliding top panel plugin was installed when I started these edits, then deleted it when I realized I couldn't make any changes to this template file; checked for extra tables in the database and didn't see any.
The only plugin installed is BuddyPress

I can make PHP throw an error by for example, removing <?php endwhile; ?> tag. This is the only response I seem to be able to get. I tried removing the whole <div class="feature-wrap"> but it still appears when I refresh the page (removing lines 20 - 43).

I have gone into Appearance > Preset Style and selected default.css hoping that might do something but nothing.

I did recreate the .php file and the directory structure for the bp-daily-child theme. I have also tried editing the original file in the parent bp-daily folder and I get identical results.

Thoughts? Thanks for your help in advance.