Layout move questions on spirit and elements

Hi team, sorry to be a pest I am using the Spirit theme and want to move the block photos down and the menu up to the top of the page. With the other regions I can drag to change positions. I can't do that with the main header. Can you tell me where the main file is so I can copy the code and move it to the middle, unless there is an easier way. Also in reading it states I can use any plugin with the elements/widget box, but when I go to do so it does not give me the option to use live stream or others!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @jcobbs21299,

Thank you for your quick reply.

You can achieve this by editing the following Spirit child theme file on line number 430 as displayed below.

Spirit child theme file:
    wp-content/themes/uf-spirit/layouts/archive-home.php

Before Editing :

$regions->add($region_15);

if (file_exists(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php')) include(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php');

After Editing :

if (file_exists(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php')) include(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php');

$regions->add($region_15);

Alternatively just replace the above file with the attached modified archive-home.php file that contains the above change.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.