Layout move questions on spirit and elements

Hi team, sorry to be a pest I am using the Spirit theme and want to move the block photos down and the menu up to the top of the page. With the other regions I can drag to change positions. I can't do that with the main header. Can you tell me where the main file is so I can copy the code and move it to the middle, unless there is an easier way. Also in reading it states I can use any plugin with the elements/widget box, but when I go to do so it does not give me the option to use live stream or others!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @jcobbs21299,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Just wanted to confirm that whether you want to exchange the position of photos and menu blocks as shown in the attached screenshot so that i can help you to achieve it?

Please advise

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @jcobbs21299,

Thank you for your quick reply.

You can achieve this by editing the following Spirit child theme file on line number 430 as displayed below.

Spirit child theme file:
    wp-content/themes/uf-spirit/layouts/archive-home.php

Before Editing :

$regions->add($region_15);

if (file_exists(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php')) include(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php');

After Editing :

if (file_exists(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php')) include(get_stylesheet_directory() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'global-regions' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'header.php');

$regions->add($region_15);

Alternatively just replace the above file with the attached modified archive-home.php file that contains the above change.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.