Layout problem with 'Nature' theme

A user has pointed out that following a recent upgrade to the latest 'Farms' pack, the layout on her site is wrong and the font size looks smaller, to her, too. Here is the site: http://elif.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk/ Can you advise on what needs to be changed to correct this? Thank you.

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Josswin,

You could edit the themes stylesheet and change the font size.

Oddly instead of wrapping the post text in a <p> tag its simply dumped in the div and controlled by a global font-size attribute for the body tag so change:

body {
        color: #000000;
        font-family: Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
        font-size: 11px;
    }

to

body {
        color: #000000;
        font-family: Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
        font-size: 14px;
    }

Or a size you prefer. If it were me Id prob add a few more styles to clean this up a bit.

Hope that helps

• uol
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The suggestion above addresses the CSS/font issue but not the way the sidebar is positioned under the body content. As I'm running the latest version of the Farm pack themes, I guess this is a problem for everyone using it.

• uol
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I've fixed this. It was my problem. When upgrading to the latest Farms pack, I'd simply copied the new theme folders and files over the old and this particular theme had a 'home.php' file that was still be used to render the home page. The latest version of the theme doesn't use that file. Once I'd removed it, it all looks good.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

That was indeed a good catch.

When manually updating any code (WP), theme or plugin, it's best practice to remove the old files first then upload a fresh set. That ensures no rogue files are missed.

When using the WP update in WordPress it usually handles that part for you.

Thanks for updating us.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.