LDAP Plugin + Blog Templates Plugin

Greetings,
I am using the New Blog Templates plugin together with an LDAP authentication plugin. The typical behaviour of the LDAP plugin is that it will create a blog (based on the login ID) upon successful authentication with the Open Directory server. Site registration has been disabled as we do not want random accounts which do not exist on the OD server.

I have a default template set up (using the New Blog Templates plugin), which works fine. All new students that login successfully for the first time get a new site based on the active template.

We have got to a situation now where we need multiple templates (students in different grades), that have been individually customised. My question is, is there an easy way to allow students to select a template upon initial successful authentication against the OD server? The options within the New Blog Templates plugin depend on having site registration enabled, and is something which we do not want to pursue (unless it can be tied down to OD accounts only).

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi saeedrahman,

Thanks for asking. You said "The typical behaviour of the LDAP plugin is that it will create a blog (based on the login ID) upon successful authentication with the Open Directory server", but we don't know the process of how it's being done. So if you want to achieve giving users options to choose between templates without turning site registration on, it will need massive revamp of the New Blog Templates plugin. And as we don't have your LDAP plugin code, we don't know how to integrate this with your plugin without seeing your code. Even if we have your code, we can't make sure it will fully integrate with your system by extending the plugin without changing core code.

is there an easy way to allow students to select a template upon initial successful authentication against the OD server?

I think there is an easy workaround. Go to your Network Dashboard > Settings > Allow new registrations Section and select "Logged in users may register new sites". Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

This will make your users can't register user account on your site, but people who are already logged in (that means they are already authenticated against your OD server) can signup for a site from this URL: http://your_domain.com/wp-signup.php

In this way, only people who are logged in through your OD authentication can access this page and can register a site by themselves and they can select a template from that page.

Please let us know what you think about this. If you have any feedback, please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.