Leaky Paywall plugin blanked my dashboard

Leaky paywall installed no problem - activating the sucker blanks out my dashboard though. I've also tried this after deactivating all of my plugins, and Wordpress is up to date. This is a sandbox site, but it also did that to my main site and only an FTP delete of the plugin saved my bacon there. Any suggestions on what may be causing that?
Rob

• Nithin

Hey Rob,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested the plugin in my system, and even I get the same issue, with the following Fatal error:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Stripe_AuthenticationError: No API key provided. (HINT: set your API key using "Stripe::setApiKey(<API-KEY>)". You can generate API keys from the Stripe web interface. See https://stripe.com/api for details, or email support@stripe.com if you have any questions.

According to the plugin documentation, the plugin should have worked once activated, so I'm not sure whether I'm missing anything here while setting the plugin. This seems to be an issue with the plugin. Would recommend you to get in touch with the plugin developer to get this resolved quickly.

However changing the following line 26 of Charge.php, in wp-content/plugins/leaky-paywall/include/stripe/lib/Stripe/Charge.php, seems to work. That is from:
    return self::_scopedAll($class, $params, $apiKey);

To:
    return Stripe::setApiKey(<API KEY>);

This isn't a recommend solution, as I'm not sure how the plugin functions, or whether it would produce any other conflicts. The workaround is only for testing purposes, and highly recommend you to get in touch with the plugin developer to get this sorted. I could see you have already created a support ticket.

You could try other plugins like Pay Per View, and see whether that fits to your needs. If not, maybe plugins mentioned in the following article helps:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-paywall-plugins/

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.