"Leave a Comment" Submit button

I think the comments plus CSS is overriding the CSS of the original submit button?

http://www.whatshotandnot.com/27/tester/

This is the current css within the comments plus editor:

#comment-providers input[type="submit"],
#comment-providers a.button,
#comment-providers a.button:visited,
#comment-providers a.button:link {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #12A8CB;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #00B6E8 0%, #00A1C7 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
border: 2px solid #29A9D1;
color: #FFFFFF !important;
font-size: 14px;
padding: 4px 10px;
text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #147CAA;
text-transform: uppercase;
text-decoration: none !important;
}

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi truelux,

That's correct, the plugin does provide its own css for the submit buttons used in the other provider tabs, though I'm not quite sure of the reasoning. I'll tag the developer on this thread to see if there's some other possibility with that.

That said, I realize it's extra css, but you can override that with your own custom css, no?

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi truelux,

I've pinged the developer to have a look here, he should be along shortly.

The plugin does appear to use its own styling as you've seen, and I believe you'd have to override that css currently, possibly adding an !important to your theme's button styling.

Alternatively, you can add styles utilizing an !important to override that as well, though that would technically be much the same as adding it to your theme's styling.

In any case, the developer should be here in just a moment.

Thanks,
    David

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Indeed, the plugin does apply its own styles to your submit button. To overcome this, you can either do as David suggested and spam !important in your theme CSS, or you could simply declare that you theme supports Comments Plus plugin, and it will leave your styles alone. This is how to do that (an excerpt from this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/comments-plus-feature-requests-optional-tabs-and-wp-icon#post-138387 )

if you want to change some of the colors or other styling, there is a way to do that safely, without getting your changes rolled back with plugin updates. You can declare your theme to support the plugin color/styling stylesheet, and the plugin will use your styles instead of the default. To do that, you can add this line to your theme's functions.php:

add_theme_support('wdcp_comments-specific');

Next, include any styling rules you wish in your theme like you'd normally do, and those will be applied without clashes. Since the plugin won't load its defaults, you'll probably want to define styles, images and colors it uses. You can use the plugin stylesheet file as a starting point (wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/css/comments-specific.css).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.