Legally binding waiver form on signup?

Hello,

I run an athletic facility. With the help of the awesome WPUMDEV resources, we are transitioning to an online sign-up process. As part of the sign-up process, all participants at must have a signed waiver on file in order to participate.

Currently, we sign waivers on paper at the club, but would like to be able to have a legally binding waiver signed at the time of online registration.

I have found other plugins that offer this capability, but I worry that they may not integrate well with the signup process or not link to a user account creating more work on our back end.

What is your recommendation on the best way to go about doing this?

P.S. Is there a way to alter the TOS plugin to make it a legally binding signature as opposed to just a checkbox?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

I have found other plugins that offer this capability, but I worry that they may not integrate well with the signup process or not link to a user account creating more work on our back end.

I checked those plugins and it looks like this one would do the work https://www.approveme.com/downloads/wordpress-user-registration-after-signing-add-on/

And by that I mean users will need to sing in document and then register - but using separate registration form. So you will need to disable Membership 2 Pro form by adding this line to functions.php of your theme

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

That other plugin will take over on registration process - Membership will only handle payments, memberships, members and protecting content.
    This can be done because Membership uses WordPress users - it does not have separate base for keeping members.

P.S. Is there a way to alter the TOS plugin to make it a legally binding signature as opposed to just a checkbox?

That should be possible, but will require major rewrite of plugin code - I don't see way that could be done with quick code snippet.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.