Legally binding waiver form on signup?

Hello,

I run an athletic facility. With the help of the awesome WPUMDEV resources, we are transitioning to an online sign-up process. As part of the sign-up process, all participants at must have a signed waiver on file in order to participate.

Currently, we sign waivers on paper at the club, but would like to be able to have a legally binding waiver signed at the time of online registration.

I have found other plugins that offer this capability, but I worry that they may not integrate well with the signup process or not link to a user account creating more work on our back end.

What is your recommendation on the best way to go about doing this?

P.S. Is there a way to alter the TOS plugin to make it a legally binding signature as opposed to just a checkbox?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

I have found other plugins that offer this capability, but I worry that they may not integrate well with the signup process or not link to a user account creating more work on our back end.

I checked those plugins and it looks like this one would do the work https://www.approveme.com/downloads/wordpress-user-registration-after-signing-add-on/

And by that I mean users will need to sing in document and then register - but using separate registration form. So you will need to disable Membership 2 Pro form by adding this line to functions.php of your theme

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

That other plugin will take over on registration process - Membership will only handle payments, memberships, members and protecting content.
    This can be done because Membership uses WordPress users - it does not have separate base for keeping members.

P.S. Is there a way to alter the TOS plugin to make it a legally binding signature as opposed to just a checkbox?

That should be possible, but will require major rewrite of plugin code - I don't see way that could be done with quick code snippet.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia