Let me check the function with Coursepress Pro and Membership 2 Pro.

Hey I hope you having a good day.

I am now building an online education site with coursers Pro and membership 2 Pro.
I have looked at following document in your sites.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/membership-2-coursepress-pro/
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/free-coursepress-plugin/

Thanks to your good documents, I could understand many points.
So, I made a plan for my service. I am creating 3 membership levels.

1: Guest user: Guest user can see only explanation of course, and feature image or video. Guest user has to login or register to take a course.

2: Free user: Free user can take a part of my courses,excepting for paid course. Free user can take part in course discussion and so on too.

3: Premium Plan: Premium Plan is paid plan. Premium user can see all my courses without any restriction.( This is the highest plan.)

To start this setting, I want to check with you about some points.

First of all, I understood that I would be able to do this with CoursePress Pro and membership Pro2 functionally. Is this right?

Secondly, I think CoursePress Pro has own registration and login form for Free user. Meanwhile, membership pro 2 has Guest membership and Default membership. That's why, it makes me confused to how to set up "Guest User" and "Free User". How should I dealt with these similar feature in my case.

Thirdly, I am not native speaker, so if you give me an membership plan for making this feature, it will be much more than welcome.

King Regards

KAZUKI
* I am not creating paid course with MarketPress and Woo commerce, I will run my service with membership based.

• Sajid

Hi @kazuki1220eri0721,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1: Guest user: Guest user can see only explanation of course, and feature image or video. Guest user has to login or register to take a course.

You can create a membership, select its type "Guest Membership" and add the single course in this membership. This means visitors will have access to the content protected under this membership.

2: Free user: Free user can take a part of my courses,excepting for paid course. Free user can take part in course discussion and so on too.

For free users, these are normal subscribers who have not signed up for any memberships yet. For such members/users we have default membership type. Create a membership and select "Default" as its type. You can create some courses and restrict them using this membership type.

This means users registered via CoursePress registration system will have access to such content.

3: Premium Plan: Premium Plan is paid plan. Premium user can see all my courses without any restriction.( This is the highest plan.)

This is straightforward, add all course, units and media in this membership and users who originally subscribed for this highest membership can see all content protected under this membership.

Yes, according to the explanation and requirements, you can use these plugins to build a site like this.

Free users will be automatically added to default membership so you do not need to worry about it. Also, guests are not registered users so you do not need to worry about those users as well. Just create membership as described above and add content in guest membership.

Thirdly, I am not native speaker, so if you give me an membership plan for making this feature, it will be much more than welcome.

I am sorry but I did you not get what you are looking for exactly. Do you mean you need a custom development plan, so we develop a site like this for you ? If yes then I am afraid we don't offer custom development instead we have jobs board from where you can hire professional.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @kazuki1220eri0721,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay on this ticket. Yes, you can use one of both. If you are planing to CoursePress pro plugin registration form then don't forget to add following line of code in functions.php file to tell M2 not to worry about registration thing.

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

Also, in this case you have to redirect users after registration or login to membership page to select membership and checkout.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid