Let students buy more than one Class at a time in Coursepress

Guys. We are losing out on sales if we have to make students buy each of their classes in separate transactions. They're simply not going to do it.

Currently on the all classes coursepress page, students can only put one class in their shopping cart at a time. We can work around that if there's a marketpress category page with add to cart buttons, but shouldn't the behavior be consistent across the board? Shouldn't students be able to buy as many classes as they want in one single transaction in coursepress as well?

There's more than one person in the forums asking for this. PLEASE. Change this asap.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Steph Calvert,

Hope you're doing well today.

Unfortunately adding multiple courses in cart is not currently possible but we are considering adding it in future updates.

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Steph Calvert

Was asked to move some of my Coursepress comments to this thread - see below.

Archiving comment on Coursepress class purchase functionality here for posterity:

something needs to be done with the buttons on the Coursepress class buy page:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/online-workshops/

When I originally asked you guys about the workshops on this page, and how you could only buy one at a time through there, I was told this was a default Coursepress setup. With the idea that students buy one class at a time. You guys helped me figure out a workaround for the marketpress shop, so that more than one class can be added at a time if you shop on either the all product page or the marketpress online class page:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/
    http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/online-workshops/

Here's the problem. When you go through the coursepress class buy page, if you've got any products in your cart and you click on one of the classes, it clears the cart to put a class in there.

That's terrible for business. We want our customers to buy as many classes and as many products as they want in one transaction.

Coursepress is being sold as an online class solution that's completely compatible and integrates with marketpress. To me, that doesn't just mean people can buy classes from coursepress and pay through a marketpress shopping cart. To me, that says you can sell products and downloads via your marketpress shopping cart and look at this, you can sell online classes too. And if that's the case, it REALLY needs to be so the site visitor can buy anything and everything with one transaction.

If this is simply not doable right at the moment please let me know so my client and I can start wrapping our heads around a workaround. We ABSOLUTELY need the add to cart button on single product buy pages fixed asap so we can push this baby live.

Was asked for a little clarification, see below for more:

That's this thread. See above, where you guys told me to use the add to cart button instead of buy now in Marketpress. And then you had me set up a category specific marketpress shortcode for this page:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/online-workshops/

so that someone can buy all three classes if they want. This needs to be a function of the coursepress buy buttons, too. Why would a business owner want to limit a customer to buying one thing in their store when they have an entire store of products and classes for sale?

If the classes have no end date and no enrollment period, and the content is all there for the student right from the start, and there's no grade being given because it's a workshop that teaches you something like how to make mixed drinks, the student can learn entirely at their own pace. They need to be able to buy all of the classes they want.

Basically... please make coursepress and marketpress integrate fully together so people can buy everything in the store if they want to in one transaction.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steph,

I hope you're well today!

Thank you for this extensive clarification on a subject. As my colleague @Predrag Dubajic has moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum, this makes it incredibly valuable for our developers and hopefully will gain more attention from other members of our community.

I cannot give you any ETA on the CoursePress/MarketPress development but please note that the "roadmap" is always built upon members requests so the more specific and informative the request is, the better.

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.