Let's Set Things Straight: Does Ad Sharing Plugin ONLY Work on WP MultiSite Setup?

Hi, I am new to the community.
I was reading several posts regarding the Ad Sharing Plugin and its compatibility with single WP installs (non-Multisite setups.) Sadly, I was shocked by all the conflicting answers I saw, with some people stating it’s ONLY designed for WP Multisites, while other answers say that it also works on personal/regular WordPress.org blogs (non-multisites.) The below posts are all a year old or less.

Here the original poster is told that it DOES work on personal/single WP installs:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ad-sharing-on-non-multisite-wp-sites

However, here is a contradicting answer:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-an-ad-sharing-plugin-for-single-wordpress-installation

Additionally, this post implies that it DOES work on single WP setups:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ad-sharing-not-showing-on-posts-on-single-install-but-shows-on-pages

However, again, a sales representative told me several days ago that the plugin ONLY works for WP Multisite setups.

So, what’s the official answer? I have one WP multisite as well as a separate, personal blog (a single site, NOT multisite.) I’d like to install Ad Sharing on my personal single-site blog sometime, but these conflicting answers left me a bit speechless.

Enjoy your day!

• The One
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack, how's your day going?

Thanks for the clarification. Although I am a bit confused due to some of the things I have read in other discussions.

For example, in this post below, a developer tells users that the plugin now supports "Single-Site Installs" as of version 1.1.5. Do you mind taking a quick look at this link and tell me what the developer really meant? Perhaps the plugin used to be single-site but not anymore?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ad-sharing-with-singlesite-support

I am still new to Wordpress Multisites (WP networks).... so it's entirely possible that I may be misreading some of the terminology used in that (and other) posts.

Elvis

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Elvis,

Hope your well thanks, it's going good thanks :slight_smile: Yours?

Sorry for that confusion, don't worry your not confused and have understood everything, the real issue is, there's lots of misinformation it seems.

That developer hasn't worked on this plugin for a quite while and after testing it does only work on a multisite install.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack

• The One
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack, that's exactly what I mean :slight_smile:
    Basically, developing the same exact version of Ad Sharing but for Single Site installs.

Note: In this case, the "Before Post" and "After Post" codes will probably have to reside in the user's "Profile" page, i'm guessing; this way contributors have access to it.

Currently, the best incentive blog owners can give guest bloggers right now is "exposure" with a backlink, which doesn't always work that well -- especially with blogs that are not MASSIVELY popular. Know what I mean? Exposure is all fine and dandy, but a more "direct" monetary compensation will always be more powerful in people's eyes. It's all psychological: People see money signs, and they will always run towards it.

Note that there IS one or two ad sharing plugin out there right now, but they are hugely outdated. I just don't fully trust them for some reason.

P.S. I noticed that the current Ad Sharing plugin allows users to only insert ads "before and after" articles, but nowhere towards the middle or after X amount of paragraphs. Sadly, many people are rather blind to banner(top) and footer ads, so maybe a future update could address that.

But overall it's a great plugin and im loving it!

I hope this helps! Let me know if I should be submitting these things into a different feedback section of the community, and i'd be happy to do so :slight_smile:.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.