Level Shortcode problem!

Hello...

I'm trying to limitate the access to some content inside a page. I have 2 premium levels that can acces to this content, called for example premium 1 and premium 2. When I use the shortcode for premium 1 to wrap up the content everything is fine for that subscription, but when I use both shortcodes, for premium 1 and 2 in the same page, the shortcodes are blocking themselves and the content is not available for any level. What can I do to fix this?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Kenetork

Hi there!

You only need to protect the content from those who can't see it. So if there is another level that shouldn't see the content, perhaps you can try wrapping it in a shortcode for that level, instead of trying to use two.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kenetork
    • The Incredible Code Injector

How is that? I need to lock content for free users from a content just available for premium 1 and 2, I used this for example:

[premium1][premium2] content [/premium1][/premium2]

Nothing works, it's like the content is auto bloking each other.

Ps: I opened a thread but I have no more responses, please help me, this is critical for me to change. the thread is this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-button-for-free-gateway-not-overwrite-default-one

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Kenetok,

Very sorry for the delay here, the weekend does tend to break things up a bit, plus I'm a big softie and cannot deny my kiddies and family on the weekend so I don't get much computer time :slight_smile:

Same with your other ticket, we try to work in order of the most aging tickets for response and Joe, although we believe he is not really human, needs some weekend r&r as well

My apologies on my last update as well. I did not specify. Would it be possible for you to use the [[membership_only]] shortcode on that portion? or do you have levels beyond your level 2 that cannot see this portion of the content?

The shortcodes are made to protect the content within, the way wordpress reads them is not going to allow you to stack them that way. If it is not a lot of content you can also try duplicating it and using an individual shortcode around each instance.

The developer cannot foresee every usage instance of the shortcodes, seems alot of apologies in this ticket :slight_smile: goodness, i guess I will go sit in time-out now

Best,

Kimberly

• NCADDSac
    • Flash Drive

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I have multiple user levels and want to restrict the same material from some users but not from others. the shortcodes don't allow this unless you duplicate the content and that is not efficient or practical. Is there any other way to do this?

• Kenetork
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@NCADDSac yes, I fixed the problem, you need to create just the levels for the content you want to resctrict and make them "active" then create the ubscriptions you want and make them "private" if you need some privacy and do not want to show them inside the register page-

So, the levels create shorcodes, you can use the same "active" levels inside those "private" subscription because if you use too many shortcodes to avoid duplicated content the system will crash and the behaviour will be very wrong.

Hope this can help you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.