Licencing question - Using Upfront

Hi there,

I have been using Upfront since it came out and I love it... very good framework, makes building sites much easier as I am more of a Digital Designer / Developer than a straight out Developer. During this time I have been a fully paid up member of WPMU.

I want to know a few things about how the Upfront (UF) and general WPMU licence works.

If I am a member, then I have access to all of WPMU themes, plugins etc.. I can download them all and use the local copies for as long as I want right?

What about updates? Do I have to be a current member to get access to the latest updates for UF and plugins that I downloaded when I was a member?

How should I manage clients that I have built sites using the Upfront framework? Am I allowed to onsell the UF framework? Do these clients have to pay WPMU membership to be able to get updates to their version of UF?

Any advice / clarification on these issues would be great.

Cheers.. Brett

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Brett,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you are enjoying Upfront, it's always nice to hear that :slight_smile:

You can continue using our themes and plugins on many of your sites you want even if your subscription is expired, however you won't get access to updates, for that you need active subscription.
    Also, there's a thing with plugins that use API to work, for example WP Smush, which requires active subscription to use Pro features, free features can still be used without active membership.

You can read more on our Terms of Service page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/ and if there's still something unclear after that let us know :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.