Lifetime membership

I notice that some people have lifetime member next to their name. How is that achieved? Thx

• bmwijaya
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @cashman

You have to achieve up to 1000 points.

The points can be achieved by helping to others find solutions on their problem, some of them achieved by giving free plugin, themes that extended by wpmudev services.

If your helping contribution is worthed to someone, s(he) will give you some points.

• Geoutah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

If you are REALLY helpful, members can donate points to you. It’s good motivation to spread the love and be useful. I’ve noticed some people asking for points. I think that’s bad form but hey, it might work.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks everyone for jumping on this one :slight_smile:

@cashman , Its all about being helpful on the forums and helping others with their problems.

As Mark mentioned, you need atleast 400 gift points and a total 1000 points to reach that mark, and when you are there just drop us an email and we set you up with a free lifetime membership :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

@Geoutah I agree I also think it’s bad form to ask or beg for points. But there isn’t anything really stopping people from doing that if they really wanted to.

I like the idea of giving more than you receive to receive more than you give and then you’ll get there on pure kindness :slight_smile:

But that’s just me personally. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.