like Patch

I want to create a site that functions much like Patch.com. Something I am hoping to be able to do, is allow people to come to the site, find their state, then their local municipality or conference, then a topic of interest to them, then be able to sign up as a member & writer for that particular interest in their location. Just like patch.com does. Or perhaps be able to choose their topic area first then drill down to the conference level. I'm guessing MU will permit this, it's only a guess. Is there a way to do that, and how would I go about it?

• DavidM

Hi y3kgeek,

Yeah, given patch.com as an example, I'd say Multisite can definitely handle that. It looks like they've separated the individual cities using sub-domains. As long as your server allows for wildcards that should be no problem to replicate.

The rest really depends on the details, though if you're looking for a front-end like that, you'll likely need some custom work done, as that front-end theme they're using appears to be highly custom.

The sub-sites seem relatively straight-forward, standard WordPress type stuff, perhaps just using a single, customized theme.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.