Limit access in admin for users

I am trying to setup pro sites and I want to limit/hide some of the menus in the admin, example, plugins, updates, and a few other things?

I wanted to use the easy blogging plugin, but I want to allow the use of some extra plugins which dont have links on the easy blogging admin pannel, like, messaging, support, seo etc.

Any Ideas?

• Dharmendra

Hello Roy,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can add manage menu items using the easy blogging plugin. To enable menu management, go to "Easy Blogging" > "Add-ons" in your admin menu and activate the "Manage menu items" Add-on. Once activated, it should add a whole new entry and a page under Easy Blogging admin menu, labeled "Menu items".

On this page, there should be a table which is the main area for menu item management. You can decide to hide a menu item by unchecking a box in the "Show" row, and rearrange items by dragging them around.

The table also has a row titled "Type", which indicates where an item comes from. Possible values are "Builtin" (for Easy Blogging builtin menu items), "Plugin added" (for items added by code that hooks to menu filter) and "My item" (for items added by the menu management plugin). Items with "My item" type can be removed, but others can't (although all items can be shown or hidden by changing the "Show" checkbox).

On this page there is also a section for adding a menu item. URL field accepts either a URL relative to the admin root (e.g. "profile.php"), or a full URL, starting with http://. "Choose icon" link pops up WP media management dialog for images, so you can add your images easily - once you're done, just click "Insert into post" button to use your new image. The "capability" field can be left blank, or it can accept a capability value (or a role name). You may want to check your this page for reference: http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

Once a new item is added, it will not be automatically shown - its "Show" checkbox in the menu management table won't be automatically checked, so you'll have to do it yourself once you add your item..

Lastly, the plugin comes with 3 reset buttons. You can use them to quickly revert some (or all) aspects of your menu customization back to default.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.