Limit all notifications in Defender

I'd like to be able to limit all the lockout notification from Defender. Currently there is an option to limit notifications, but the option is only for when it's coming from the same IP-address. I'd like to limit the notification regardless to IP address.

• Dominique

Hi Ash,

My main problem is the following:
      When a site is under attack, the IP-address of a bot (?) is getting locked out after a few login attempts. I get a mail. The bot switches to a new IP-address and continues the login attempts, gets blocked and I get a mail. This process can go on for hours sometimes.

I've got tens of sites in The Hub and this happens multiple times a week to me. So it'd be nice if WPMU Dev could figure out something for these continouous attacks.

• Nithin

Hi Dominique,

When a site is under attack, the IP-address of a bot (?) is getting locked out after a few login attempts. I get a mail. The bot switches to a new IP-address and continues the login attempts, gets blocked and I get a mail. This process can go on for hours sometimes.

Defender should be able to tackle such issue with the help of Mask Login Area option, located under Defender Pro > Advanced Tools > Mask Login Area.

Did you have the mentioned option enabled during the time your noticed such contiguous login attempt? Once the Mask Login Area is enabled, it should help with making sure there won't be such login attempts in your system by renaming the admin login URL.

If you still notice the issue even when Mask Login area is enabled, would recommend you to check whether changing the Masking URL to a new URL, helps, or not.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.