Limit Login Requirements for Appointments

Is there a way to limit the login requirements for appointments,
I only want people to use a email to register and login. I do not even want them to use a password.

thanks,
matt

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Mattbkelly, Michael here! :slight_smile:

We'd be working against what WordPress itself does, but one idea that comes to mind would be to use this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/passwordless-login/

Now, it would require the setting up of either a separate login page, or the placing of the shortcode onto the appointments page itself. That, and the hiding of the normal login link displayed on the appointment page.

How's this sounding so far?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Mattbkelly,

We'd need to have the user log in before the confirmation popup would display, and on further analysis, this would require the shortcode to be placed in a Text widget in the sidebar.

Otherwise, with the way the shortcode's been built, it gets placed above the other content on the page (the service selector, the calendar, etc.).

If that widget's the only one in the sidebar, though, we can make it so that in effect, the sidebar only shows up for a user if he's logged out of your site. To manage that, we'll need to involve our Custom Sidebars Pro plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custom-sidebars-pro/

So when it comes time to insert the widget into the sidebar, inside of:

Appearance -> Widgets

You can click on the "Visibilty" button for the widget, click on the + sign there (see screenshot #1), and then choose the "Guests" filter from the list.

Make sure that it's set to "User is not logged-in (Guest)" (see screenshot #2), and then save the widget. Now, when a user is logged out, he'll be presented with the option to log in, but if he's logged in, then the sidebar should disappear.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. And of course, if this hasn't already been done, you'd want to go to:

Appointments -> Settings -> General

And make sure that "Login required" is set to "Yes". And, to hide the default login text (and most importantly, the link), you'll want to insert this CSS code:

.appointments-wrapper > p {
        display: none;
    }

Into Simple Custom CSS (I see that you've got it installed on your site).

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Mattbkelly,

Hmm... that's curious, I'd like to have a deeper look at this one. Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.