Limit Pro Sites user options

Is there a plugin or tutorial to do the following?

1. Eliminate the theme appearance options a new user site can make. (I'd like them to use my exact default child theme and not be able to make any edits.)
2. Allow the new user to upload a banner/logo to the top of the content area or upload a logo with contact information in a sidebar widget.

BTW: I'm trying to make an etsy type site so want the stores to all look like mine with the option for a new user site to add their own logo and contact info.

Thank you!

• Mason

Hiya @loudrake,

Welcome aboard. Cool ideas, let's take a look at each :slight_smile:

1. Eliminate the theme appearance options a new user site can make. (I'd like them to use my exact default child theme and not be able to make any edits.)

The theme options are given by the edit_theme_options capability which is given to all super admins and admins by default. You can change this by either removing the capability from normal admins or by making the default user role on other sites to be editor or below.
    If you want to edit the admin role I'd recommend the Members plugin here:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/

Or to change the default role to something other than admin, try:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmu-default-user-role/ (last time I checked it still worked)

2. Allow the new user to upload a banner/logo to the top of the content area or upload a logo with contact information in a sidebar widget.

This would normally be done through a theme option :wink:

At the basic level though, if you have the areas as widgets in your theme, then they can put anything they like in that area. Just direct them to upload their media through the Media Library and then input the link in your widget.

The basic text widget that's included with WordPress will do it. If you want something more specific, let us know. There are plenty of free widget options on wordpress.org to search for or we mentioned on on the wpmu.org blog recently:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-add-gravatar-photos-to-user-profile-pages-in-wordpress-and-multisite/

Hope this helps. Thanks!

• loudrake

Installed Members plugin. Just to be clear, if all I want admins to be able to do is create products that's really a post correct? So I only allow them to create, edit and post "posts" and I'm ok?

Makes sense on the widgets for images. It also helped me understand the big picture on how this all works, I was struggling trying to understand the concept on how this all works. Installing the widget in the child theme and my main site made the light bulb turn on.

1 question on the widget though. The default sidebar on gridmarket disappeared when I added the plugin to the widget sidebar. The default returned when I deleted it? When I add the image widget to the sidebar will I have to go ahead and recreate the rest of my sidebar as needed then?

Thanks for the help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.